How Do You Set A Ring Alarm Routine
The Ring family of devices allows users to have peace of mind about their home’s security through video monitoring and integration with the Amazon Alexa voice-activated AI system on your phone or tablet. So how do you set a Ring Alarm Routine with Alexa?
You can set up a Ring Alarm Routine by integrating your Ring device with Alexa functionalities; you can set up a system in which the Ring performs certain actions in response to triggers, called “Routines.”
Ring Routines work the best when used with the Alexa mobile app. Read on to learn more about setting up Ring alarm routines for home security according to your preferences!
What is a Ring Alarm Routine?
Every Ring device comes with the capability to respond by voice or digital notification to certain prompts within your home, such as a door or window opening or motion detection outside.
A Ring Alarm Routine is a programmed response that you can set so that whenever a certain action or trigger occurs, your Ring automatically responds, in the same way, every time.
You will need to integrate your Alexa with your Ring device to set up a Ring Alarm routine that responds to certain environmental triggers, such as a door opening.
Integrating the two systems is quick and easy and will let you set up a customized Ring routine.
You can also do several features with the Ring and Alexa, such as arming and disarming the alarm.
Let’s take a look at how you can program Ring Routines through Alexa!
Getting Started to Integrate Ring and Alexa
The first thing you will need to do when integrating the Ring and Alexa is to create an Amazon account by visiting www.amazon.com. This will ensure that you can access Alexa.
You will also need an Amazon Echo device. The device is where the Routine audio cue will be played. You can choose which will “own” the action during setup if you have more than one.
Lastly, be sure you have a specific Ring login as you will use this during setup to access the device’s settings. This is done through the Ring mobile app on your phone or tablet.
Linking your Ring and Alexa
Once you have a login for both the Ring and Alexa systems, follow these quick and easy steps to ensure the systems will work together:
- Ensure you have the latest operating system and app installed on your iPhone, Android phone, or tablet. This will ensure that the Ring and Alexa can communicate
- Log into the Alexa app with your Amazon credentials.
- In the Alexa App, tap the three dots in the bottom right corner. Select “Skills and Games” and tap the magnifying glass search icon to search “Ring.”
- Log into Ring using the credentials you already created.
- Tap the “Enable Skill and Link Accounts” option and tap “Discover devices.”
Creating Routines for the Ring Using Alexa
Now that your Ring and Alexa are linked, you can easily create routines that alert you to certain actions! Follow these instructions to set your routines using the Alexa app on a phone or tablet:
- Select the Alexa app from your home screen. Once it is displayed, tap the “More” three-dot icon in the bottom right-hand corner and select “Routines.”
- Tap the plus (+) icon, allowing you to add a new Routine. This will take you to the New Routine screen.
- Tap “New Routine” and name your routine. This can be as creative or basic as you would like. Make sure it is something you will always understand, like “front door open.”
- Tap “When This Happens” and then “Smart Home.” If you have linked more than one Ring Device, you can specify which device you would like to set the Routine for here.
- Select the capability and then select “Add Action,” which will prompt you to choose the action taken once the trigger is activated.
- If you want to be notified when a Routine activates, you can select the “Send Notification” option. This step is not required but can be helpful when you’re not home.
- With the “From,” you can select which device owns the Routine. This step is only applicable if you have more than one Echo device in your home.
- Tap, create and enjoy having the Ring Routine set to help you feel safe and secure in your home by a more complete and customized home monitoring system!
There are many options that Ring and Alexa users can take advantage of once Ring Routines are created.
Within the Alexa app, you can customize your Ring Routine by creating Alexa announcements or voice commands. You can also add other custom sounds.
By linking your Alexa app to your Ring device, you can easily create custom Ring Routines that allow you to monitor your home from your Alexa-enabled devices efficiently.