People are used to using smartphones and have forgotten how to use landlines. Fortunately, programming your VTech phone is an easy process.
To program your VTech phone, you need to enter your settings menu to program your contacts, change the day and time, and select the ringtone you prefer for incoming calls.
Please continue reading to learn the six easy steps to program a VTech phone. This process won’t take longer than 10 minutes when you follow our guide.
What is a Vtech Phone?
A VTech phone is a landline people often use when working from home or in an office environment.
However, there was a time when these types of phones were used everywhere.
Many people are under the false assumption that landlines are a thing of the past, but they’re very handy in the work environment.
The following are benefits you can receive when you use a VTech phone in a work environment:
- An affordable way to take incoming calls.
- Helps you avoid the distraction of social media apps.
- You can enable caller ID to see who’s calling.
- You won’t be restrained by a cord when taking landline calls.
- Landlines often allow better voice quality for important phone calls.
If these benefits sound appealing, you should consider adding a VTech phone to your home office. This is also a great way to ensure clients only contact you during work hours.
Remove Phone from Base
The first step to programming your VTech phone is removing it from the base or dock.
Unfortunately, you cannot program your phone while it’s plugged in.
You also need to ensure that you end any ongoing phone calls you’re having because you can’t program your VTech phone in the middle of a call.
So, double-check that you don’t have anybody on hold.
When your phone is disconnected from its base, you can control any device aspect necessary to improve your work environment.
Enter the Directory Menu
After you take the phone off its holder, it’s time to enter the directory menu.
This is the main area you’ll use to program your VTech phone.
This directory allows you to program your VTech phone. Here are some important things to note about the menu:
- Press the PROG button on your VTech phone to enter the directory.
- Your VTech phone can store a maximum of 20 contacts simultaneously.
- The directory will allow you to change the date and time.
- This area will allow you to set your ringtone so you aren’t aggravated by incoming calls.
For the following steps, you will need to make your way back to this menu consistently, so you should become familiar with this menu.
If you get lost throughout the menu, you can enter your VTech home screen and refollow the steps above to re-enter the directory.
Program Your Contact
The first thing you want to do after entering the directory is program the contacts into your VTech phone, so you always have quick access to important people.
Here is how to program contacts on your VTech phone:
- On the first directory screen, press “select” to enable the section where you enter your contacts.
- After doing this, you will be prompted to enter your directory name and phone number.
- Unfortunately, you need to use the number pad to type in the contact’s name, which can take a minute.
- Press select after you enter the contact name
- Enter the phone number of the contact.
It will help to double-check whenever you type in a contact name and phone number to ensure everything is correct. Otherwise, you could accidentally call the wrong person.
Ensure you only add contacts to your VTech device that are important for your situation. You can do this by determining which contacts you will call frequently.
Input the Correct Date and Time
After you ensure all of your contact information is correct, it’s time to input the correct date and time. Unfortunately, this process is not automatic, so you’ll have to input it manually.
Follow the steps below to change the date and time on your VTech phone so that they’re accurate and you don’t have to use other devices to determine the time.
- Press the PROG button on your VTech phone to re-enter the directory menu.
- Press volume up and down until you see the date and time option
- Enter the correct date and time
After you enter the correct date and time into your Vtech, you’re free to select your preferred ringtone by reentering the PROG menu and scrolling until you find “ringer.”
Then, you’ll scroll until you find the ringtone that suits your office space best and click select to program the noise.
Programming your VTech phone will only take a few minutes and will make your life immensely easier because you won’t have to use other devices to make important phone calls.
When you program your VTech phone, you will change your contacts, date and time, and ringer. A customized landline is the best way to ensure you never miss an important phone call.