How Do I Connect Nest To Hello Alexa?
Connecting your Nest Cam to Alexa is easy, and we are going to show you how in 2 Major steps. Before we start, you need to make sure that your Nest Cam and the Alexa-enabled Amazon device are connected to the same Wi-Fi so they can be able to convey data to each other seamlessly.
To connect your Nest to Alexa, you need to follow these steps.
1. Set Up Your Nest Cam First
For your Nest Cam to be connected to Alexa, especially if you just took it out of the box, you need to set it up first. If you have already set it up, you can skip this step but if you haven’t, do this:
- Download the Nest app from the App Store or Google play store.
- Launch the app and register for a Nest account.
- Add your Nest cam using the plus sign, and scan the QR code of the Camera. You can decide to input the serial number manually.
- Name your camera (eg. living room, backyard, etc.)
- Plug your Nest Cam into a power source, and wait for the camera light to blink blue.
- Check your Nest App, and select the network you want your Nest Cam to connect to.
After these, you can set up your camera in the position you want it so you can connect it to your Alexa-powered device. If you would like to learn more about Nest Cam, take a look at this article.
2. Download your Alexa App and Install the Nest Skill
Your Camera is set up, now it’s to teach your Alexa how to control it. Start by:
- Download the Alexa App on your phone if you don’t have one.
- On the homepage, Drag down the menu.
- Select “skills”, and start typing “Nest Camera” until it shows fully and can be selected.
- Choose the Nest Cam, and Tap “Enable”, or “enable to use”.
- Sign in to your Nest Account when prompted.
- This would scan for a nearby device for you to select the Nest Cam, and finish the process.
- If this doesn’t happen,
For you to make use of Alexa’s voice command, you have to be specific. If you selected the default name like “living room” all you need to say is “Alexa show me the living room camera”. If you picked a name like “cam 2” you will need to say “Alexa show me the cam 2 camera”, or “Alexa, display cam 2”.
So, there you have it. You can connect your Alexa to Nest Cam to get the full experience of Google, and Amazon integration. Although, when setting up your Nest Cam, you need to be aware of bad signals. Set it up in a place where your home Wi-Fi can be accessible or use a wireless network extender. If the signal is bad, it would lag when you connect and view it on any Amazon device.