How Do I Connect My HP Deskjet to My iPhone?
Can I print directly from my iPhone to my wireless HP Deskjet printer? In today’s mobile age, it is often more convenient to send a document to your printer from your phone instead of logging into a PC. The great news is that this process is just as seamless as doing it from your computer and is easy to set up.
To easily connect your HP Deskjet printer with your iPhone, all you need to do is spend 5-10 minutes connecting the devices via Wi-Fi using either AirPrint if the printer is AirPrint-enabled or the HP Smart app or Wi-Fi Direct if it is not AirPrint enabled. If you cannot connect the devices wirelessly, a USB cable can be used instead.
The great news is both HP and Apple have made it very easy to integrate their devices. In terms of wireless methods, you can use AirPrint, HP Smart app, or Wi-Fi Direct. If these cannot be used, you can use a USB cable and adapter to hardwire to the printer. Read on to discover the numerous ways you can connect your iPhone and your HP Deskjet printer.
How Do I Pair My Phone With My HP printer?
AirPrint is a technology created by Apple that makes it easy for iOS users to print photos and other documents directly from their mobile devices. You can visit Apple’s website to see the full list of AirPrint-enabled printers. Simply search this document using Ctrl + F to find your specific printer.
In order to print using AirPrint, follow this setup:
- Make sure the printer and your iPhone are connected to the same wireless network
- On your iPhone, make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and there is a checkmark next to the name of your local Wi-Fi network
- If you are connected to a different network, tap the name of your network to join it
- Restart the printer, and then check the printer network connection status to ensure it is connected to the same network as your iPhone
- Printers with a touchscreen control panel: Touch the Wireless icon or open the Network Settings or Setup menu to view the network connection status
- Printers without a touchscreen control panel: Make sure the light next to the wireless icon or button is on and not blinking
At this point, your two devices should be connected, and you can start printing documents straight from your iPhone. Follow these directions to print a document:
- Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon
- Scroll down the screen and select Print from the list of options
- Select your printer, and then select print job settings such as paper size, number of copies, and page range
- Click Print
Once you have configured your phone to print to your HP printer, you are set. Just remember in the future whenever you need to print your phone is connected to the same wireless network as your printer.
How do I print from my iPhone to my HP printer without AirPrint?
You can also print wirelessly without AirPrint by downloading the HP Smart app on your iPhone.
To set up an HP wireless printer on your iPhone without AirPrint:
- Open the HP Smart app on your device
- Turn on your printer’s Wi-Fi
- Go into your phone Settings and hit the Wi-Fi tab
- Locate your printer under OTHER NETWORKS and click on it
- Pull up the document, image, or webpage you want to print, then hit Share
You should now be able to connect the printer through the app and print. An alternative method for wireless printing is by using Wi-Fi Direct.
How Do I Connect my iPhone to my HP Printer With a USB Cable?
To print from an iPhone with a printer that can’t connect wirelessly, you’ll need a USB cable and a USB OTG (on-the-go) adapter that connects your iPhone to the USB cable.
To print from an iPhone with a USB cable:
- Turn on your printer and connect one end of the USB cord to your printer and the other end to the USB OTG adapter
- Plug the other end of the USB OTG adapter into your iPhone
- A pop-up should appear on your iPhone or iPad — click OK
- Go to the document you wish to print and click Share
- In the Share menu, select Print
The connected printer should appear on the Printer Options page. Click Print in the upper-right corner.
It is very easy to connect your iPhone to your HP Deskjet printer, whether wirelessly or by using a USB cable. Hopefully, your printer is AirPrint-enabled as this is the most integrated way of connecting. If not, you can use the HP Smart app or Wi-Fi Direct. When wireless technology fails, you can always use the tried-and-true USB cable method. No matter your configuration, you will be printing documents straight from your iPhone in no time.