How Do I Clean My Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Using a Fitbit regularly is a great way to track exercise progress and health goals. It conveniently logs the information it logs into an app accessible on a smartphone. This is a great way to stay accountable and share progress with friends and family. After exercise, though, you tend to get a bit dirty.
People often wonder, how do I clean my Fitbit Charge 5 band? The answer is different depending on the type of Fitbit band you own. Some people claim to wash their bands when they bring them in the shower. This is not the case, and the band is not considered clean. Read on to find out how to clean certain types of bands, the screen, and other Fitbit care tips.
How Do I Clean my Silicone Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Silicone Fitbit bands are popular because they have a lot of elasticity and are generally water-resistant. This means that they will not absorb and hold onto any water when they get wet. Although they are comfortable and popular for high-intensity workouts, they are also prone to bacteria build-up that can cause foul odors.
In order to clean a Silicone Fitbit Charge 5 band, you should follow these steps:
- Remove the band from the screen
- Take the band and run it under cold water
- Grab a cotton swab and wet it with rubbing alcohol
- Clean the band with the damp swab
- Grab out an old toothbrush
- Use Cetaphil cleanser and finish scrubbing the band; rinse when done
- Dry the band thoroughly and put it back on
It is important to stay away from soap products when cleaning this type of band. This is because the band material will absorb it, and it can cause skin irritation later on. Cetaphil is excellent because it is a mild cleanser and won’t cause irritation.
How Do I Clean my Leather Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Leather is its own special type of material when it comes to its care. Genuine leather is very finicky to water, so it makes it harder for users to care for and clean them. To avoid causing discoloration and ruining the leather, it is recommended that this type of band is not used during high-intensity workouts. This band is more for casual or business wear.
If you still need to know how to clean the band and care for it to prevent distress or discoloring, follow these steps:
- Buy a soft cloth used for leather only. Microfiber cloths or felt cloths are great options.
- If necessary, grab some Cetaphil and add a very tiny amount onto a soft, damp cloth. The cloth should not be wet whatsoever, or it will ruin it.
- Gently rub the Cetaphil in circles to clean the leather.
- Take another soft cloth and dampen it. Wipe down the treated leather areas.
- Let the band dry. If you are in a hurry, you can use low heat hair dryers to speed up the process.
- Keep the band out of direct sunlight to avoid discoloration.
- Use a leather softener to treat the band. Make sure it is safe for the skin and does not discolor your leather.
How Do I Clean my Nylon Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Nylon bands are another popular choice for Fitbit users. They are breathable, flexible, and comfortable to wear. They also come in many designs and colors that amp up the personality of a Fitbit. These bands need to be cleaned with Cetaphil and water. They should be kept out of direct sunlight so they do not discolor as they dry.
How Do I Clean my Metal Fitbit Charge 5 Band?
Metal bands are often used to add sophistication to the look of a Fitbit. It also makes them look like regular watches. These bands also get dirty and need to be cleaned properly. In order to clean them use a damp cloth to wipe them down. Let them air dry. Do not use a hairdryer to dry them as they can get hot and cause damage.
How Do I Clean my Fitbit Charge 5 Screen?
Fitbit recommends using a soft bristle toothbrush and rubbing alcohol to clean the screen of a Fitbit. This is gentle enough not to cause damage, and the rubbing alcohol will not be absorbed into the screen. This will ensure the screen functions properly for a long time. It also protects the mechanical components and the charging prongs on the Fitbit.
Do not use water to clean the Fitbit because even though it is water-resistant, it doesn’t mean that it’s waterproof. Cleaning it with water can prevent charging.
Fit and Clean
Cleaning your Fitbit is a good practice to keep it in good working order and also to prevent the spread of germs and diseases. When people exercise, they naturally sweat, and this sweat can build up on the Fitbit. Sweat can harbor bacteria, so it is important to clean the Fitbit regularly to combat this type of buildup.