How Do I Change Subtitles on Viki on Google TV (Android)?
Viki, a popular streaming website that offers a range of Asian movies and TV shows, allows users to watch videos in different languages. As such, many videos on Viki are subtitled in different languages, typically English or their native language. But, how can you change the subtitles on Viki while using a Google TV?
- Select the menu button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- From the menu, go to “Settings,” then “Subtitles and Captions.”
- Select the “On” option next to Subtitles.
- Choose your preferred language.
Below, we will discuss everything you need to know to change Viki’s subtitles on a Google or Android TV. Keep reading to learn more!
How Do I Change Subtitles on Viki on Google or Android TV?
If you’re watching Viki through your Google TV, there are a few things you need to know about how subtitles work with the device.
If you have trouble hearing the audio from your Google TV or just want to read along as you watch your favorite Viki shows, there are a few easy steps you can follow to change the subtitles on Viki for Google TV.
The first thing you want to do is make sure subtitles are turned on. This will ensure that a subtitle track always plays alongside your selected video. Once you’ve turned on subtitles, you can select a language from the list of available options.
Once you’ve made your selection, click the “Done” button in the lower right-hand corner to return to the video player. Now, your chosen subtitles should appear at the bottom of the screen in time with the audio.
How to Turn on Closed Captions and Audio in Sync on Google TV
Turning on closed captioning in sync may be a better option if the subtitle track doesn’t sync with the video’s audio.
Closed Captioning, or CC for short, is designed to help those who can’t hear audio clearly. To turn this feature on or off in sync, follow these steps:
- While watching a video, select the menu button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- Go to “Settings,” “Subtitles and Captions,” and select “Closed Captioning.”
- Select “Auto-Sync” in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
This will ensure the subtitles for the video you’re watching stay in sync with the audio.
Change Subtitles on Viki on Google TV with Google Voice Typing
Google Voice Typing is a feature of Google Assistant. With it, you can change subtitles in Viki videos. This is very easy and only takes a few seconds to do.
First, make sure you are signed into your Google account. Then, open the Google Search app and tap the microphone icon in the top right corner.
Once the microphone appears, start speaking. Just say, “Ok Google, change Viki captioning.” You will see the words you say appear on your screen, then Viki will turn on subtitles and start playing your show in the desired language.
How Do I Change the Appearance of Subtitles on Viki on Google TV?
If you’re not satisfied with the appearance of your subtitles, Google TV makes it easy to adjust. You can change the appearance of subtitles on Viki for Android TV in the following ways:
- Font Size: From the Settings menu, select Preferences > Font Size. Use the arrows to increase or decrease the font size.
- Text Color: Tap the color tile next to the Font Size setting to select a different text color.
- Background Color: You can tap the color tile next to the Text Color setting to select a different background color.
- Display Margins: To add padding around the subtitle text, go to Settings > Preferences > Display margins. Use the arrows to increase or decrease the margin size.
- Line Spacing: If you want to adjust the space between lines of text, go to Settings > Preferences > Line spacing. Use the arrows to increase or decrease the line spacing.
- Shadow Effect: Enable or disable the shadow effect by tapping the switch next to Shadow under Settings > Preferences.
By customizing the appearance of subtitles on Viki, you can ensure they are always easy to read and understand.
How to Fix Subtitle Sync Issues on Viki for Google TV
There are many reasons why your subtitles might be out of sync with the video. One common reason is that you have an older version of Viki on your TV. You will need to update Viki to the latest version to fix this.
Another common reason is that there is a difference between the video file and the subtitle file. If you are having trouble syncing, try downloading both the video file and the subtitle file from Viki on your computer and comparing them.
You should see a list of differences between the two files. If you see any type of error message, it means there is an issue with the subtitles or video file. Contact Viki support for help immediately!
Changing the subtitles on Viki with your Google TV allows you to use this feature to ensure all videos on the platform are easier to understand. With Viki’s subtitles, users can find the right words to understand the content they’re watching and add an extra layer of texture to a story.
Subtitles on Viki are also important for people who are hard of hearing or learning a second language. If you have difficulty audibly or visually processing a video, subtitles are a great way to improve your understanding and enhance your experience.