How Can I Control My TCL TV with My iPhone?
TCL TVs are one of the most affordable TV brands on the market. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t control these cheaper TVs with a software application like pricier smart TVs. One of the major advantages of getting a TCL TV is that it can be controlled with your iPhone or other iOS devices, just like a more expensive set.
Below you’ll find a guide for controlling your TCL TV with your iPhone and pairing your iPhone with your TCL TV system. By the end of this short article, you should be able to successfully get your TCL TV remote controls up and running on your iPhone.
How to Control a TCL Smart TV with the TCL App
To control a TCL TV with your iPhone, you’ll first need to install the TLC app on your phone. TCL devices are designed with an Android ecosystem in mind, but thanks to a crossplay app on the Apple Store, these TVs are also compatible with iOS devices like iPhones. The TCL app is compatible with the following iPhone iterations:
- iPhone 8 and 8+
- iPhone X
- iPhones 11, 12, and 13
Once you’ve verified that the version of the iPhone you have is compatible with the TCL app, the next step is to find the app on the Apple Store. To install the TCL app from the Apple Store, perform the following:
- Search for the TCL app. To pull up the app in the Apple Store, put “Android TV by Google LLC” in the search engine.
- Install the app on your phone. Press Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your iPhone and TCL TV to the same wireless network. Connecting both devices to the same network allows them to communicate once the two devices are paired.
- Open the Android TV Remote Control app. Don’t worry – even though this app is labeled Android TV, it is compatible with TCL. Another option is to download the Roku Remote App, which works similarly. Since TCL is partnered with Roku, some TCL TVs run on a Roku operating system.
- Search for your TCL TV in the app. The name of your TCL TV device should appear in the available devices within the app if both the app and the TV are paired to the same wireless network.
- Get the PIN for the app. Once you access your TCL TV in the app interface, a PIN number should appear on your TV screen.
- Pair your TV remote app and TV. Input the password on the TV screen into your remote control app. This should pair the two devices and make you ready to control your TV through your iPhone.
And there you have it! After pairing your iPhone with your TCL TV, you should be able to control the TV using your phone whenever you want.
How to Use the TCL App in the iPhone Menu
Once you have your TCL TV paired with your iPhone, you should be able to control the TV either by using the buttons in the TCL app or by issuing voice commands through your iPhone. Here are a few of the other commands that you’re able to issue to your TCL TV through your iPhone remote controls:
- Turning the TV on and off
- Scroll through streaming services
- Change channels and volume
These are only a couple of the controls you can adjust through the iPhone TCL TV remote control app.
Does the TCL TV Remote Control App Work on Roku TVs?
The TCL TV Remote Control app on the iPhone works with both TCL and Roku TVs. This is because Roku is a part of the overarching TCL brand, and they have the same smart TV operating systems.
You can also disable the Roku features on a TCL TV if you don’t want to use it.
Solving Connection Issues with TCL TVs and iPhone
If you run into trouble connecting your TCL TV to your iPhone, it could be the result of several issues. These are the most common problems that prevent a pairing between the two devices:
- The wireless network isn’t working. Before assuming that the problem is with the TCL TV or your iPhone, check to ensure that the wireless connection hasn’t gone down. If the wireless Internet isn’t working, the TV will not be controllable through a wireless device like a smartphone. Restart the wireless network at the modem to get a better connection.
- Test your wireless Internet speed. Even if your wireless Internet connection is working, your remote control access may not work if the wireless Internet is too slow to support a steady connection. For operation, the tested signal string of your TV should read as Good or Excellent.
- The iPhone is incompatible. Ensure that your iPhone is a model that is compatible with the TCL TV Remote Control app (iPhone 8 and newer).
If you don’t figure out the source of the issue using these troubleshooting steps, contact TCL Customer Support to contact technical support and find alternative solutions. If your hardware is defective, you may be eligible for repairs or replacement of your TCL TV.
TCL TVs Are Compatible With Smart Devices
If you include TCL TV technology into your smart home ecosystem, a major advantage other than the affordability of this television brand is its compatibility. Thanks to the TCL TV Remote Control app, you can easily control your TV with your iPhone. The app is also a good substitute if you lose the original TCL remote that goes with your TV.