When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your Hisense TV is versatile and can accommodate several devices, including a game console and external hard drives. However, with so many input options available, you need to know how to choose the correct Input efficiently.
There are a few things you should check if your Hisense TV can’t change Input. First, check that you are selecting the correct HDMI input port on your remote. If you are selecting the correct Input and still get an error, you can unplug and plug back the power cable of your TV to fix the problem.
You can easily change the Input on your Hisense TV using the remote by pressing the input button, highlighting the input source, and pressing enter. However, even if you don’t have the remote, there are various ways to change the TV input. This article explores how you can change your Hisense TV Input with or without a remote.
How Do I Get My HDMI To Work on My Hisense TV?
You can connect multiple AV devices such as DVD, Blu-Ray, and external hard disk to your Hisense TV using an HDMI cable. If the HDMI input on your Hisense TV is not working, you can try unplugging and powering back your TV if you are still experiencing a problem:
- Turn off your TV, switch off the power outlet and unplug the power cord.
- Hold down the TV power button for five seconds to drain any residual power.
- Wait for 1 minute, then insert the power cord into the power outlet and switch it on.
- Turn on your TV and wait for a few minutes to let it initialize.
To select your preferred HDMI input, press the INPUT button on your remote and choose the matching HDMI input. For example, if the cable is in HDMI 1 port, select HDMI 1 input.
How Do I Reset My Hisense TV Remote?
It is frustrating when you want to watch your favourite program, and your Hisense TV remote suddenly stops working. You might need to reset your remote for it to work.
The first thing that may cause your remote to stop working is the batteries. Ensure that they are placed correctly and replace them if they are old. If your remote does not work even after replacing the batteries, you can reset your remote using the following steps:
- Press down the Menu button for at least 10 seconds, and your TV screen turns blank.
- Release the button. The remote has reset to the default factory settings.
- Try using your remote.
- If the remote is still not working, repeat the above steps to reset it again.
Resetting your remote should quickly fix your problem. However, resetting the remote will erase all your previous programming, and you have to set it up again.
How Do I Reset My Hisense TV Without a Remote?
Your Hisense TV remote gives you complete control of your TV. However, if your Hisense TV remote is not working or you can’t find it and need to reset your TV, you can easily do so using a soft reset or hard reset. First, disconnect any USB cable or external device.
You can easily perform a soft reset in the following steps:
- Unplug your TV from the power socket and wait for 10 minutes.
- Next, press and hold the TV power button for 1 minute and plug back your TV into the socket.
- Turn on your TV.
Hard Resetting Hisense TV Without Remote
If the soft reset does not solve the problem, you can carry out a hard reset using the reset button on the back of your Hisense TV. Follow these steps:
- Look for the RESET button or RESET hole on the back of your TV
- Press the RESET button and hold it down for 15 seconds. Use a bent paper clip and insert the pointed end into the space if it is a hole.
- Hold down the button or clip until your Hisense TV restarts.
You should try the soft reset first before trying the hard or factory reset because the hard reset will restore all the default settings, remove all installed apps, and you will lose your data and customized settings.
How Do I Manually Change the Input on My TV?
If your remote isn’t working or you have misplaced it, you can still manually change the Input of your Hisense TV. To manually change your TV Input, use the following steps:
- Turn on your TV.
- Click the menu button on the side of your TV panel to bring up the OSD screen.
- Click on the input menu
- Use the channel buttons to navigate and select the Input.
You can also get your TV to display the input menu by plugging in a device while the TV is on. However, if you don’t want the hassle of selecting the Input manually, you can download and install the Android Remote App on your phone.
Your Hisense TV can accommodate multiple devices using HDMI cables. If you select an input and fail to get a signal, check to ensure that the HDMI cable is plugged in a working port and select the matching input. If your remote suddenly stops working, first check the batteries or reset it.
Additionally, you can manually reset your TV or select your preferred Input if your remote is misplaced or not working.