The TytoHome remote exam kit allows your doctor to examine and monitor you remotely while you remain safe and comfortable at home. For those with chronic health conditions, you may be curious as to how the home kit works and how you can go about getting one from a doctor.
To get the TytoHome kit, you will need to choose a doctor within the TytoCare network of remote health care providers. Using the TytoHome equipment and the Tyto app, a TytoCare doctor can perform a basic exam, diagnose some conditions, and in some cases, provide treatment remotely.
There are numerous other benefits to using TytoHome, such as avoiding long waits at the doctor’s office and avoiding exposure to other illnesses. The more you learn about all the benefits of the Tyto remote exam kit, the more you will want to know how to get one for your home or your loved ones.
About the TytoHome Remote Exam Kit
Doctors that use the TytoHome remote exam kit are part of the TytoCare health care network. If you are considering purchasing a TytoHome kit, you can create an online account through the TytoCare health care group in your state. Then, you can browse potential doctors.
TytoCare doctors perform remote exams using the TytoHome kit. Once you have purchased your TytoHome, and you are ready to use it, choose a certified TytoCare doctor, and schedule your exam online. Exams can be scheduled 24/7.
Note: Your Tyto virtual doctor visit may or may not be covered by your existing health insurance. You can enter your health insurance information when you schedule your appointment to see if it provides coverage for remote visits.
What You Get with the TytoHome Kit
If you are thinking about purchasing the TytoHome remote exam kit for you or a loved one, you will want to know exactly what you will be getting. The TytoHome remote exam kit comes with the following pieces:
- Tyto device with a touch-screen, built-in camera, and thermometer
- Otoscope adapter for examining the ears
- Stethoscope adapter for heart and lung sounds
- Tongue depressor adapter for the throat
- Charging adapter
Although this is all that comes with the kit, you can purchase relatively affordable accessories to make using the Tyto device easier, such as this stylus pen.
Using a TytoHome Kit
Here’s an overview of the steps for getting a doctor through TytoCare and using your TytoHome:
- Purchase a TytoHome online.
- Follow any set-up instructions that came with the TytoHome kit. Keep the device fully charged, so it’s ready to use whenever you need it.
- Download the free Tyto app on your phone or tablet. You will use the app to have a video consultation with your doctor.
- Using this link, choose a certified TytoCare doctor in your state, create an account, and schedule your appointment.
- During your virtual doctor’s appointment, your doctor will guide you through how to use your Tyto device to conduct a remote exam.
- The doctor will give you a diagnosis, prescriptions, and follow-up instructions if needed.
Health Benefits of the TytoHome Kit
With the TytoHome kit, your doctor can examine your heart and lungs using the provided stethoscope adaptor. They can check your throat with the tongue depressor adapter, and they can examine your ears with the otoscope adapter. With the primary Tyto device, you can take pictures of your skin, take your body temperature, and measure your heart rate.
Based on these remote exams, your doctor can provide a diagnosis. TytoCare doctors can provide treatment and prescriptions remotely for numerous common symptoms such as:
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
Your doctor can also use the TytoHome device and Tyto app to monitor chronic health conditions and provide post-op care. For example, if you recently had surgery, Tyto can be used to monitor your recovery.
- The TytoHome is beneficial for patients who have limited mobility or are unable to leave their house for other reasons. For example, maybe they have children or are the sole caretaker for others in the home.
- People with chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases may not want to visit a doctor in person because of the risk of cross-contamination. A virtual doctor visit allows you to continue to social distance or self-quarantine when needed.
- Virtual doctor visits also save you time and money. A visit to the doctor’s office often means a lot of waiting. You also save time by not having to travel to the doctor’s office, and you save money on gas by staying at home.
The TytoHome is a remote exam kit that can be purchased online. To use TytoHome, schedule a virtual doctor’s visit with a certified TytoCare health care provider in your state. Your remote doctor and TytoHome kit can help keep you healthy by providing diagnoses, treatments, and monitoring from the safety of your home.
Want to learn more about how smart technology can improve your health? Check out these other health-friendly smart devices!