One of the most popular new products this year has been Amazon’s Echo Show 10. The device is a voice-activated speaker with a touchscreen that can do everything from answering questions to playing music and video content.
There are many things to love about this product, but we wanted to share the best tips and tricks for those who have just received their own Echo Show 10!
Can’t Stand Alexa Following You? Turn Off Motion
One of the newer features of the Echo Show 10 is that it follows you. And not everyone wants to be followed as they move about the room asking Alexa questions.
To solve this problem, you can turn off the motion feature for the Echo Show 10 in two of the following ways:
- Say, “Alexa, stop moving” while you have asked her to do something. This will turn off motion only during this specific activity. For example, during a video, you ask Alexa to stop moving. For the duration of the video, the Echo Show 10 will remain idle.
- Turn off all motion under Settings. Or, by saying “Alexa, turn off motion.”
These are easy ways to get the Echo Show 10 to stop moving. And if at any time you want the screen of the Echo Show 10 to follow you again, simply turn the motion feature back on.
Tired of Alexa’s Lengthy Responses? Turn On Brief Mode
Another thing that can bother many customers is Alexa’s longwinded responses when you ask her a question. The easiest way to solve this is by turning on brief mode.
You can turn on the brief mode in the Alexa app or from the home screen on your Echo Show 10. Use the following steps to turn on brief mode:
- Navigate to Settings. Swipe down on the top of your Echo Show 10 to bring up the Settings option. Settings will be under the more tab in the Alexa app.
- Select the Voice Responses option. This will bring you to a new menu.
- Turn on Brief Mode. Brief Mode should be listed near the top of this menu. The bubble will be highlighted in blue if the feature is turned on.
Now that you have turned on the brief mode you should get short quips from Alexa as responses to questions or commands. And if you find you prefer Alexa’s longer answers simply follow the steps above to turn the brief mode back off.
Manage Home Content and Get a Stagnant Home Screen
One thing you may have noticed with your Echo Show 10 is that the screen constantly seems to be scrolling through different things, like:
You can change these categories by going to Settings. Use the following steps to turn off the constant rotation of images:
- Open Settings
- Select the Home Content option
- Scroll through this menu
- Uncheck as many options as possible, including rotate continuously and photo display
- Navigate back to the settings menu
- Open the Clock and Photo Display option
- Make your selection. This screen will have several different options for what types of backgrounds are displayed on your home screen. Choose Minimal for a clean look.
Use Voice Commands to Control Your Shows and Videos
The Echo Show 10 is capable of functioning just like a remote control. When you are watching a video or show on the Echo Show 10, you can prompt Alexa to do any of the following:
- Fast Forward
- Watch from beginning
Knowing these commands can be very useful for when you are streaming a video that you are trying to follow along to.
Change the Echo Show 10’s Wake Word
The default wake word for Amazon’s Echo products is “Alexa.” But you can change this if you have more than one Echo or do not want Amazon’s commercials waking your Echo Show 10.
The first thing you can do is go to Settings and select Wake Word.
You can choose from four wake words for all Amazon Echo products:
Simply save the option you choose for your Echo Show 10 and you will be waking this device with a new word.
Get Delivery Notifications for Your Amazon Packages
Another trick that you can do with your Echo Show 10 is to turn on delivery notifications. These notifications will tell you when your Amazon package is delivered.
To turn on delivery notifications, open the Alexa app on your smartphone and go to Settings > Notifications > Shopping Notifications. Then make sure that shopping notifications is toggled to the on position.
Now, whenever an Amazon package is delivered, you’ll get a notification on your Echo Show 10.
In Summary: The Echo Show 10 Has a Ton of Tricks!
The Echo Show 10 has some awesome tricks you can use. If you have an Alexa device, then these tricks will help to make your Echo Show 10 better!