The Wyze scale is perfect for both athletic professionals and people beginning their fitness journeys. It can track your weight, body fat, muscle mass, and many other composition metrics. With such detailed tracking, you may be wondering if it can work with fitness tracking devices such as Fitbit.
The Wyze scale is compatible with all Fitbit devices. However, depending on your Fitbit model, you may not be able to sync all the biometric data available with the Wyze scale with your device. Instead, this data will sync to your Fitbit app, but not the tracker itself.
You might still be wondering how to complete the setup steps. Don’t worry; we give a more in-depth review below. We will also go over all the features you can use with the Fitbit and Wyze scale and cover some troubleshooting tips.
Does Wyze Scale Work with Fitbit?
Wyze scales works perfectly with any Fitbit device once you pair them together. However, depending on the Fitbit model you have, you may not be able to sync all of the biometric data offered by the Wyze scale to your device. Any biometric data that your specific Fitbit tracker does not collect will instead be recorded within the Fitbit app from the scale.
You will also need a few additional features to make the pairing between the Wyze scale and Fitbit work:
- A smartphone that is compatible with the Fitbit app
- A stable, strong Wi-Fi connection
How Do I Connect My Fitbit to My Wyze Scale?
Connecting the Wyze Scale to your Fitbit is a great way to update your training and fitness process. First, you will need to set up your scale before connecting it to the Fitbit.
- Download the Wyze app if you don’t already have it. Make sure you have a Wyze account set up.
- Open the Wyze app and click Scale under Devices.
- Click Authorize Third-Party Apps.
- Tap Fitbit and then Authorize.
The app will now take you to the Fitbit website to complete the setup process.
- Here, click Allow All.
- You will be asked, “Open in Wyze App?” Select Open.
- On the success page, click “Got it.”
You can now test the app by stepping on the scale and seeing if your weight shows correctly in the Fitbit app. To see the Wyze scale in your Fitbit app, keep the Fitbit app closed while setting it up in the Wyze app. Then, follow these steps:
- Open the Fitbit app.
- Click the device icon in the top left corner.
- Click Third-Party Apps.
- Select Manage Third-Party Apps.
- You should see the Wyze scale listed if the setup process was successful.
When you go into your settings and click Weight, you should see your most current weight listed from the last time you stepped on the Wyze scale.
Why Isn’t My Fitbit Syncing to My Wyze Scale?
If you notice that your Fitbit scale isn’t syncing or that the scale is not showing on your Fitbit app, follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Check that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Check that your smart device is properly connected to Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is on and not flashing.
- Check that your Wyze scale app is also on the latest version.
- Make sure the scale is on and working.
- Check that the batteries in the scale don’t need to be replaced.
- Keep the scale near the Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is on and paired with the Fitbit.
To get your Fitbit and scale working again, try some of the following tips:
- Close the Fitbit app and reopen it.
- Close the Wyze app and reopen it.
- Alternatively, you can log out of the apps if simply closing them doesn’t work.
- Reset the Fitbit tracker.
- Disconnect the Wyze Scale from the Fitbit and reconnect it.
- Disconnect from the Wi-Fi and reconnect to it.
- Change the batteries in the Wyze scale. It will need four AAA batteries.
- Move your router, smartphone, and scale closer together.
- Unpair the Fitbit from Bluetooth and then pair it again.
Fitbit not syncing with your smartphone on its own? Check out this article for troubleshooting tips.
Wyze Scale Features with Fitbit
Now that you have your scale and Fitbit working in sync, you should be able to see many features from the scale on the Fitbit app. Here are some of the things you should see displayed on your Fitbit app:
- Percent body fat
- Lean body mass
- Resting heart rate
- Sleeping heart rate
Other features that are unique to the Wyze scale may only be shown in the Wyze app. These include:
- Muscle mass
- Visceral fat
- Basal metabolic rate
- Protein level
- Bone mass
- Metabolic age
- Percent body water
To see more features available to you with the Wyze scale, click here.
The Wyze scale and Fitbit work effortlessly together to provide you a picture of your health and help you reach your fitness goals. To connect them, use the Wyze app and access the scale. Then, enable the third-party settings and allow all access permissions for Fitbit. You should now be ready to use the two in sync.