The Toshiba Fire TV is one of the most affordable smart TVs on the market. They have plenty of space for apps and also have many functions such as screen mirroring and Bluetooth capabilities. Since it already has Amazon Fire TV installed into the TV itself, does it have Chromecast as well?
No, the Toshiba Fire TV does not have Chromecast already installed into the TV’s interface. It is compatible with the Chromecast device if you wish to use Chromecast on the Toshiba Fire TV. There are also other smart TVs available with Chromecast already installed.
The Toshiba Fire TV comes with many aspects included in its interface, including streaming through different services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, stream music, and play games. Chromecast offers something similar from your smartphone or tablet to your smart TV, such as the Toshiba Fire TV.
Using Chromecast on the Toshiba Fire TV
Since Chromecast isn’t built into a Toshiba Fire TV, you have to purchase the Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra device to plug into your Toshiba Fire TV to be able to get this feature. You can’t download an app for this to work.
Once you have purchased the Chromecast device, follow these instructions to install and use it:
- Turn your Toshiba Fire TV off. If your Fire TV is mounted on a non-swivel mount and you don’t have easy access to the HDMI ports behind your TV, you should remove it from the mount before continuing.
- Plug the Chromecast device into a power source.
- Find the HDMI port in the back of the TV and plug in the Chromecast device.
- Download Google Home on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Google Home app. Here, it will give you further instructions on how to set up Chromecast on your Toshiba Fire TV.
When your setup is complete, you should easily be able to use Chromecast on your Toshiba Fire TV. If you notice Chromecast isn’t working, the first thing you should do is go into the settings to make sure that the Toshiba Fire TV’s input is selected to the HDMI you plugged the Chromecast device into.
Using Chromecast with an iPhone
Chromecast is compatible with most Android operating systems, as long as they’re up to date. It’s fairly simple to use, and you never have to worry about losing the remote (unless you’re always misplacing your phone). Since iPhones use iOS, are they compatible with using Chromecast?
Yes, you can use Chromecast from an iPhone or iPad. All you have to do is download the Google Home app and have a Google account, just as you would if you were using an Android device.
Will Using Chromecast on the Toshiba Fire TV Disable Functions?
Because the Toshiba Fire TV already has a streaming interface installed into the system, you most likely wouldn’t need Chromecast. You probably would want Chromecast if you already have an account and don’t want to go through creating new accounts, but will using the Chromecast on a Fire TV disable the Fire TV functions?
Using Chromecast on a Toshiba Fire TV or any Fire TV will not interfere with or disable the Fire TV’s functions. You can pick and choose which function to use through the input interface options on the Fire TV.
TVs with Chromecast Built-In
Google has partnered with certain TV manufacturers to create smart TVs with Chromecast already built into the TV interface. With Chromecast already on the smart TV, you can use your smartphone or tablet to stream different media, including games, to your smart TV. Unfortunately, Toshiba is not one of them.
When you use Chromecast on a smart TV that has it built-in, you can control your smart TV from anywhere in the house and not drain your phone battery. An additional benefit is that your streaming won’t be interrupted if you text or make calls on your phone. You also won’t have to log into apps and download any extensions constantly. It also comes with Google Home installed.
Some alternative smart TVs that already have Chromecast built-in are:
- Vizio V-Series comes in several sizes and is known for its excellent gaming quality. It’s also compatible with Amazon Alexa and can have someone install it in your home. It also can integrate with many smart home devices such as video doorbells.
- Vizio D-Series also has AirPlay integrated into the interface. It comes in several sizes and is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Apple Homekit.
- Sony BRAVIA Series is a little bit on the expensive side and is compatible with Amazon Alexa and many smart home devices to view on the TV.
Even though the Toshiba Fire TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in to the system, you can attach a Chromecast plug-in to your Toshiba Fire TV if you want to use the interface that Chromecast offers or if you already have an account. There are also a variety of TVs with Chromecast already built into the system, so you don’t have to worry about an attachment.