Does the Eufy Smart Lock Work with Alexa?
By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Eufy Smart Lock is a great home automation tool that allows you to have keyless entry into your home. However, if you own a device that works with Alexa, you may be wondering if you can control the lock with your voice or the Alexa app.
Alexa can only be used with Eufy Smart Lock Touch models with Wi-Fi or a Wi-Fi Bridge. Users can connect them within the Alexa app. Click Skills & Games > EufyHome > the Eufy Smart Lock you own, and then Enable.
Below, we’ll cover how you can set up your Eufy Smart Lock with Alexa, troubleshooting, and the various features available when you connect the two together.
Does Alexa Work with All Eufy Smart Locks?
Eufy makes four different kinds of smart locks, but only two work with Alexa:
The Eufy Smart Lock Touch and Smart Lock Front Door do not work with Alexa unless you buy the Wi-Fi Bridge that is sold separately. Keep in mind that the Smart Lock Touch with Wi-Fi Bridge comes in a bundle deal, so it is the most cost-effective.
The Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi has built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, so a Wi-Fi bridge is not necessary with this model.
How to Connect Eufy Lock to Alexa
Setting up all the Eufy Smart Locks follows the same process whether you are using a Wi-Fi bridge or the built-in Wi-Fi model. Before you get started, ensure the following:
- Your Eufy device is connected to the Eufy Home app
- You have an account on the Eufy Home app with your password nearby
- Your Alexa-enabled device is on and connected to Wi-Fi
- You have the Amazon Alexa app and already have an account
To get started connecting your smart lock to Alexa, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your smart device.
- Select Skills & Games from the menu.
- On the Skills screen, tap EufyHome.
- Tap the Smart Lock Skill.
- Tap Enable.
- Login to the EufyHome account page it takes you to.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Note that on the Skills page, you will see options for EufyHome and EufyHome-RoboVac. EufyHome should be selected to set up the smart lock along with other devices like the Eufy Smart Bulb and the Eufy Smart Plug. Robovac is for setting up the Robovac only.
Using Voice Commands to Control Eufy Smart Lock
Now that you have the smart lock set up with Alexa, try a few commands to see if the setup was successful. Start with “Alexa” or “Hey Alexa,” then:
- “Unlock the door.”
- “Lock the door.”
- “Is the door locked?”
- “Is the door unlocked?”
Right now, these are the only features available on the Eufy Home App. Although, they are saying they may add more commands soon, such as the capability to set the door to unlock and lock on a schedule.
What to Do if Your Eufy Smart Lock is Unresponsive
If your Eufy Smart Lock is showing as offline or it can’t pair with Alexa, try the following:
- Reboot your smart device.
- Check your Wi-Fi router is on and working properly.
- Make sure your smart device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Unplug your router and plug it back in.
If the Eufy Smart Lock is showing as online, but Alexa can’t connect with it, try the following tips:
- Reboot the smart device.
- Reboot the Eufy Smart Lock.
- Try the setup process again.
- Make sure your smart device is connected to a working Wi-Fi network.
- Check that your Amazon Alexa app is updated.
- Make sure your phone is updated and doesn’t need new software.
If the pairing was successful, but the Alexa isn’t responding to commands, try the following:
- Make sure the Eufy Smart Lock is at least 8 inches away from objects. This can cause interference and too many signals to be crossed with each other.
- Try repeating the question or speaking louder. Say the words clear and naturally without any filler words.
- Always say “Alexa” first, or the voice assistant will not respond.
- Check your Wi-Fi and make sure it is working.
- Check that your smart device is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Reboot the Alexa app.
- Reboot the Eufy Smart Lock.
- Check that the Alexa app is running the latest version.
The Eufy Smart Lock can work with Alexa, as long as you use the Wi-Fi bridge or buy the model with built-in Wi-Fi. Use the Amazon Alexa app and go into the Skills & Games settings. Then access the EufyHome page, select the Smart Lock you have, and then Enable. Try a command to make sure the setup was a success.