Does The Amazon Smart Thermostat Have Auto Fan?
Installing an Amazon Smart Thermostat in your home is a great way to become more energy efficient. It’s also a great way to cut costs on your energy bill. Having a smart thermostat provides cost savings and convenience. One such feature prospective buyers wonder about is, does the Amazon Smart Thermostat has an auto fan?
The Amazon Smart Thermostat has an auto fan option. It is not the setting the thermostat comes factory set to, and it can be adjusted within the Amazon Smart Thermostat settings. It is a convenient feature that many homeowners look for when deciding which smart thermostat to purchase.
Buying a smart thermostat with an auto fan feature is extremely beneficial. Most smart thermostats include this feature, among many other benefits and capabilities. Read on to learn how to turn on the auto fan setting on an Amazon Smart Thermostat, what other features it provides, and where you can buy one.
Switch on the Auto Fan
The Amazon Smart Thermostat can turn on an automatic heating and cooling option. This is also popularly referred to as an “auto fan” option. Although you would think that the smart thermostat would provide this feature as a quick and easy toggle option, it takes some finagling to get to. Follow these steps to enable the option:
- Go to “Settings”
- Navigate to “Preferences”
- Select “Advanced Preferences”
- Click on “Next” to proceed with the setup
- For Heat/Cool threshold, you are given the option of “Manual or Automatic.”
- If you select Automatic, you can set minimum cool and minimum heat temperatures or “swing” temperatures
This is convenient to toggle on because the thermostat will take the temperature and adjust it accordingly. This prevents you from going into the system and manually updating it regularly. It is a time-saving and convenient function that makes the thermostat worth a consumer’s while.
The Amazon Smart Thermostat can be set up with most HVAC systems, so having the auto fan option is ideal.
Other Beneficial Features of the Amazon Smart Thermostat
This smart thermostat was developed by Amazon in collaboration with Honeywell Home (the company that owns the historic Honeywell Home thermostat brand). Even though this unit is compatible with most 24-volt HVAC systems, it does not support multistage or multispeed fans. Although this is true, it is still one of the best and most affordable smart thermostats.
The Amazon Smart Thermostat comes with a lot of benefits for its consumer. These benefits come in a large array and include:
- This thermostat is the cheapest smart thermostat currently on the market, compared to others, such as the Ecobee.
- Amazon Smart Thermostat uses hunches to help control the user’s climate.
- This smart thermostat works with Alexa voice assistant through the Echo or other compatible hub.
- The design is modern and sleek, so it is guaranteed to fit in any home aesthetic.
- A faceplate comes with the thermostat, which has a cleaner look after installation.
With the good, there also comes the bad. Although these disadvantages are not deal breakers, they are good points to know before picking up a new Amazon Smart Thermostat:
- Although the thermostat does come with hunches, the user has very little control over how they work and how sensitive they are.
- When someone wants to switch the thermostat away, it takes longer than other smart thermostats.
- The thermostat does not have native thermostat sensors, so it cannot tell the temperature of its room.
- The app itself is a little bit clunky and not intuitive.
- You cannot use this thermostat with other popular smart home kits like Google or Homekit.
Overall, the Amazon Smart Thermostat is a great option for anyone who wants to upgrade their home without spending a ton of cash. It is a great starter smart thermostat that you can easily upgrade to later if you so choose. There are a lot of great features packed into this thermostat, and the negatives really do not outweigh these benefits overall.
Make Your Home Smarter
Now that you know all the amazing features of the Amazon Smart Thermostat, it is time to buy one or two for your own home. When purchasing a new thermostat, keep in mind that each heating zone in your home needs its own separate thermostat to function. If you have three heating zones, you will need to purchase three smart thermostats.
While you can choose to upgrade one at a time and use older thermostats in the interim for other zones, it is most cost-effective to buy and replace all zone units. This is because the hunches and smart features will begin to save you money instantly. Those without these features will not benefit.
It’s a Smart Start
Buying a new smart home device is a great way to improve your home and energy consumption. As energy prices skyrocket, it is important to find ways to keep some extra change in your pocket. A smart thermostat is a perfect way to make your home smarter and your savings larger.