If you have a SimpliSafe smart home security system, you’re probably familiar with some of their products. A common concern when upgrading your smart home devices is often backward compatibility with older models.
Does SimpliSafe Doorbell Work with the Old System? If you have the original SimpliSafe system, you can seamlessly integrate with the Video Doorbell Pro. Though the system is not compatible with all newer SimpliSafe devices, it still offers substantial backward compatibility.
If you’re looking to add a smart doorbell to your existing SimpliSafe system, you’re in luck. Let’s take a look at some of the differences between the Original and All-New SimpliSafe systems, as well as their device compatibility.
Which Newer Devices Work with the Original SimpliSafe System?
If you’re interested in upgrading various components of your SimpliSafe system, it’s essential to verify that they’re compatible. The All-New system added advanced security encryption, meaning some older devices won’t be able to communicate.
Currently, there are only two components that are backward compatible with the Original system. Here’s a list of the newer devices that are currently compatible/not compatible with the Original SimpliSafe System:
- SimpliCam (Indoor Security Camera)
- The SimpliCam offers an optional Outdoor Kit.
- SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro
If you’re looking to replace most components, you may need to upgrade your entire system. Fortunately, SimpliSafe has been offering a 40% trade-in program if you’re looking to upgrade your old system. For more information about their trade-in program, you can reach out to SimpliSafe Customer Service or check out this SimpliSafe forum.
Original SimpliSafe vs. All-New SimpliSafe
The Original SimpliSafe system is still a strong candidate for your smart home security needs. Though it lacks some of the features of its newer counterpart, it’s still a great addition to any smart home. You can access a comparable level of home security, with only minor differences.
An additional note; the two systems are often referred to as SS2 (Original System) and SS3 (All-New System). Here are some quick features that showcase the updates with regards to the newer system:
Longer Signal Range Between Devices
- The extended wireless range of the new sensors allows devices to be placed further away, allowing for more placement options in your home.
- The newer system has a smaller, sleek design, meant to “stick out” less in your home.
- The new Keypad offers backlit keys for easier legibility.
- You can also adjust your system directly with the Keypad (Older system requires Computer for customization).
Smart Home Integration
- The newer system allows for smart home integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- You can issue voice commands like “Hey Google, arm my system.”
SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro
We’ve established that the Video Doorbell Pro is compatible with the Original SimpliSafe system, but what features does it have to offer? The SimpliSafe Video Doorbell is designed with your security in mind:
|Feature||SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro|
|Video Resolution||1080p HD|
|Field of View||162|
|Power||8-24 VAC (Hardwired)|
|IR Night Vision||✔|
The SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro requires an existing hardwired doorbell set up in order to power the unit. Here’s a helpful installation video tutorial as well as SimpliSafe’s Support Page for some useful installation tips.
Additionally, you will need a wireless internet connection to communicate with the Doorbell.
Fortunately, the Video Doorbell Pro is compatible with both the old and newer SimpliSafe systems. With this in mind, it might be worth the investment if you’re looking to boost your smart home security.
Should I Upgrade my SimpliSafe System?
The Original SimpliSafe system is still competent in addressing your smart home security needs. If one of your components stops working, it might make more financial sense to replace the particular device, rather than upgrading your entire system.
As an added bonus, the two most popular pieces, the Video Doorbell and SimpliCam, are backward compatible. So even if you’re looking to make some upgrades, you’re still in luck. Realistically, If you decide to stay with the Original System, you won’t be missing out on much.
If you’re experiencing issues with your Video Doorbell Pro and SimpliSafe system, here are some helpful tips you can try:
Status Light Blinking Red
- If your Doorbell status light is blinking red, it means the device is unable to connect to your WiFi. Check that your internet router is within the proper range.
- Verify that your Doorbell is connected to a network that transmits over 2.4ghz (not 5ghz)
- Check out SimpliSafe’s support page here for a full list of the status light indicators.
“Unable to Stream Video” Error Message
- If you receive this message, your Doorbell is receiving video footage but is unable to stream to your device.
- This could be indicative of a poor internet connection. Try rebooting your router to resolve the issue.
- You can also try increasing the WiFi signal strength being transmitted to your Doorbell. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that if you need help.
How to Reset Video Doorbell
If none of the above steps help, or you’re looking to reset your Doorbell to its original factory settings, here’s how to hard reset the device:
- Remove the Doorbell from its bracket.
- Press and hold the larger of the two buttons on the back of the Doorbell for 15 seconds.
- A yellow light will indicate the device is in the process of resetting.
- You will then be prompted to reconfigure your device via the mobile app.
Whether you’re planning on investing in a new SimpliSafe security system, or you already use their devices, there are several options available. The Original System is compatible with the Video Doorbell Pro, and SimpliCam Indoor Security Camera. Unfortunately, the backward compatibility ends there, however, the Original System is still more than adequate when it comes to protecting your home.