Does Roku Ultra Have a Micro SD Slot?
The Roku Ultra is the fastest-growing streaming device, offering channels ranging from Disney Plus to Netflix and even Hulu. Amongst all other Roku players, the recently introduced Roku Ultra stands out because of the newly-introduced features that its counterparts do not have. But, does the Roku Ultra have a MicroSD slot?
Currently, the Roku Ultra does not have a MicroSD card slot for expandable app storage. However, the Roku Ultra does have significantly more built-in storage than its predecessors, helping some users feel more comfortable about the lack of a micro SD slot.
The question remains if the existing storage capacity will be enough. Are there options to increase storage in the new Roku Ultra? Read on to find answers to these questions and more!
Roku Ultra, the company’s highest-tech streaming player to date, does not include a micro SD slot. However, the beautiful thing about Roku devices is that they come in many different models, each offering users different features.
Roku implements distinct changes in their products as the years go on. There are different Roku devices with different storage capacities and features. But then, have you ever wondered why some users insist on having streaming players with MicroSD slots?
Why Some People Prefer Roku Players with a Micro SD Slot
A user’s experience can be diminished if their Roku device keeps screaming, “Not enough space!” Most Roku players, especially the most recent models, come with extra space to eliminate the need for a micro SD card slot. But, some users still hold on to their older models with limited storage. In cases like these, micro SD cards are necessary to allow users to download all the apps they need to make the most out of their streaming device.
Users might be unable to access certain features due to a lack of space. This problem is not exclusive to one particular Roku model. The Roku Express, for instance, will prevent users from adding a new channel once storage space is full. Some of the problems that drive users toward devices with micro SD slots include:
- Channel installation: Users add different channels to their Roku Ultra player to personalize their streaming experience. However, if you have a long list of channels and want to install another one, you must ensure that the device has sufficient space. If not, you’re left with two options: delete an already installed channel to free up space or insert an SD card.
- Game installation: Users add different channels to their Roku Ultra player to personalize their streaming experience. However, if you have a long list of channels and want to install another one, you must ensure that the device has sufficient space. If not, you’re left with two options: delete an already installed channel to free up space or insert an SD card.
The Roku Ultra is Roku’s most powerful player yet. It comes with all the bells and whistles, including all the storage space you should need to maximize your streaming experience without inserting a micro SD card. However, some worry that maximizing this space through carefully-planned installation may be difficult or frustrating.
The Roku Ultra comes at a premium price but also with premium capabilities. Whatever your level of tech experience may be, there are ways to ensure you’ll get enough memory out of your Roku Ultra, even without a micro SD slot.
How to Increase Your Roku Ultra’s Memory
With over 53 million users, Roku stands out as the leading streaming media player manufacturer. Not only Americans, but also people across the globe, love using these streaming devices.
People have choices and preferences regarding on-demand streaming, which often call for a range of different channels. But, if you have already downloaded or are planning to download a lot of additional channels, you may be wondering how you can optimize your player’s memory without a micro SD card slot. Luckily, taking one or more of the steps below is a simple way to increase your Roku Ultra’s usable memory:
- Look through your list of installed channels and delete any you no longer use. These could be channels with expired free trials, those you’ve canceled your subscription to, or any that have removed your favorite shows from their catalog.
- Check for and install any available updates. Go to “Settings,” “System,” and finally, “System Updates.” You should find some extra space available immediately after installation.
- Clear your cache by pressing the home key five times, the up key once, the rewind key twice, and the fast forward key twice. After this sequence, your Roku Ultra will restart and clear all your cached memory.
Each of these steps alone may give you the space you need to install that last channel. If you want to free up as much space as possible, try completing all the above steps in succession.
The Roku Ultra is the company’s most high-tech streaming player with an impressive storage capacity. While it offers great advantages to users, there is no micro SD slot on the device. Nevertheless, the device should have enough built-in storage to cater to different users’ needs.