When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Using Ring products in your home security profile is a smart move for your property. Connecting products that work together to enhance your options gives you versatility and an enhanced perspective of what is going on outside your home. With that said, you may be wondering whether the Ring Chime will work with the Ring Alarm.
Ring Chime does work with the Ring Alarm. Adding your Ring Chime to the Ring Alarm system in your home allows the devices to communicate and provide a connected experience for your smart home. To connect your Ring Chime with your Ring Alarm system, open up the Ring app to add the device.
In this article, we will find out about linking your Ring Chime with your Ring Alarm and how to go about making the connection happen.
How Does Ring Chime Work with Ring Alarm?
When you connect your Ring Chime to Ring Alarm while also using a Ring Doorbell, you will be able to receive customized notifications, as well as motion alerts.
- If you have a Ring Doorbell in your Ring Alarm profile, you will not receive any sound notification through a doorbell chime. Adding the Ring Chime to your Ring Alarm system allows you to have a doorbell chime, as well as motion detection notifications when someone is approaching or on your property.
- Connecting to more than one doorbell through the Ring app allows for multiple connections with just one Ring Chime. If the chime has Wi-Fi connectivity, it will work with all your Ring Alarm system devices.
- Unlike the Ring Doorbell, which can converse with someone at your door, the Ring Chime works by providing audio-only notifications to enhance the functionality of your system.
- Custom ring tones, along with preset tones, can be connected to your system via the app.
Learn more from our Ring Alarm Guide – Setup, Tips, and Troubleshooting.
How to Connect Ring Chime to Ring Alarm
After installing the Ring Chime, you will want to begin the setup process with your Ring account to get it connected to your Ring Alarm system. The following steps outline the process for you:
- If your Ring alarm system is already set up, you can add the Ring Chime in the app. If you are new to Ring, you can download the Ring app for Android here or iOS here.
- You will need to set up an account with Ring if you do not already have one. Open the Ring app and choose Create Account to get started. If you already have an account with Ring, you can open the app to get started. (Note: It is recommended that you complete the installation of your Ring Doorbell first before setting up your Ring Chime. You can find more information about the installation process and how Ring Chime works with Ring Alarm here.)
- After you are in the app, you will select Set Up a Device and then Chimes. The app will prompt you to scan the QR code located either on the back or the bottom of your Ring Chime. It can also be located on the package and quick start guide that came with your device.
- Following the successful capture of the QR code, you will need to either confirm your locations in the list or, if this is your first Ring device, add your location information at this time.
- Next, you will put your Chime into Setup mode, automatically connecting. Your Chime will also need to be connected to your Wi-Fi. Be sure to have your password ready. Select your Wi-Fi and add in the password when prompted.
With the Ring Chime in the app now a connected device, the notifications to Ring Alarm are automatic. For example, when someone presses your Ring Doorbell, you will hear a preset tone alerting you to someone at your door. Ring Chime will also send you an audible notification when motion is triggered with a camera setup on your Ring Alarm system.
Note: While you will receive prompt notifications for doorbell activation and motion sensing, it is important to note that you will not receive notifications for any window or door sensors connected through Ring Alarm. Ring Chime does not connect with the base station, so these alerts are not possible.
Suppose the sound of a doorbell announcing your guests is something you are missing with your connected home. In that case, the Ring Chime works well with your Ring Alarm by enhancing your doorbell’s ability to notify you of visitors, packages, and other happenings outside and around your property.