Does Peloton App Work with Firestick? Yes, Here’s How
Lifehack alert… you don’t have to spend a small fortune to achieve the benefits of Peloton’s in-home workouts. You can use different equipment with the Peloton app, and luckily it works on many different devices- is Amazon’s Firestick one of them? Does the Peloton App work with Firestick?
The Peloton App does work with Amazon’s Firestick. This is an affordable option for using the app with less expensive at-home exercise equipment. However, not all editions of the Firestick are compatible with the Peloton App.
To find out more about which Firesticks you can use with the Peloton app, as well as how to use the app with a Firestick, stick around. We have answers to those questions and more coming up next. Just keep reading.
Which Firestick Works with Peloton App?
Just to make things clear, the Peloton app is not currently supported on the very first Amazon Fire TV Stick or the very first two Amazon Fire TV devices. But otherwise, basically, every device Amazon has made since 2016 does support the Peloton app and works quite well.
Making the app work on Firestick and any other Amazon device is quite easy. Search for the app and download it. If it is your first time using it, you need to sign up and put in credit card info to activate the account. Once that is complete, sign in and get to working out.
Another note is that the app’s features will still be active and available if you choose to buy one of the Pelton products and upgrade to the all-access version.
How to Access the Peloton App with Firestick
As long as you’re using one of the newer Firesticks, not the first or second editions, you can proceed to download the Peloton app for use on your Firestick. If you don’t have your Firestick installed, you’ll need to plug it in and properly connect it to your TV first. If you already have your Firestick up and running, you, of course, can skip that part.
Once your Firestick is ready for action, you can add the Peloton app. You can either do this on the Firestick itself or using your computer. Coming up, we’ll walk you through the steps to using either option.
Adding the Peloton app from Your Computer
If you’re not a huge fan of using the Firestick remote for searching, this is a better option. Let’s be honest, sometimes all the scrolling and adding letters one by one is just a pain. Here’s how to add the Peloton app from your computer:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Use the regular search bar to locate the Peloton app and click the yellow “Get App” button on the right side of the screen.
- Make sure the correct device is selected from the drop-down above the button. All of your Amazon devices will be listed. Note that if you choose “Cloud Only,” the app will download to your cloud, and you can then add it to any device.
- Once the app is downloaded, you’ll be able to find it by clicking the “Apps and Games” menu.
Adding the Peloton App Directly on Your Firestick
If you’d rather add the app directly to your Firestick and skip the computer altogether, then this is the option for you. Ready to make it happen? Follow the directions below:
- On your Firestick’s home screen, access the search tool and enter “Peloton.” Most of the time, it’ll pop up after you enter a few letters.
- Choose the Peloton app from the search list.
- Click the yellow button to get the app. It will begin installing.
- Once the installation has been completed, you can access the app in the “Apps and Games” menu.
Troubleshooting the Peloton App on Your Firestick
If your Peloton app isn’t working on your Firestick, and you’re not using one of the first two releases of the device, you can try a quick app refresh to get things working again.
Try this technique for uninstalling the Peloton app and re-adding it to get it to work on your Firestick again:
- Remove the app from your device by uninstalling the app on your home screen. Simply click the app and choose “Uninstall.”
- Reinstall the app using either of the methods outlined above.
- Turn off your TV and unplug the Firestick. Wait 30 seconds to allow the TV and Firestick to reset and refresh.
The Peloton suite of smart devices and software has essentially become the standard for people looking to start their home gyms, and it is easy to see why. They offer connectivity to every mainstream operating system available today and multiple levels of access to fit any budget. Those looking to get in shape should probably look no further.