Does NordicTrack Bike Work With Apple Watch?
The NordicTrack Bike is capable of many secondary functions, including music, media, and biological monitoring. Many people also like to use their Apple Watch as a portable health monitor, so it makes sense that people would want to integrate the two systems if they can.
NordicTrack Bike can work with the Apple Watch through wireless Bluetooth functionality in the two devices. The exercise bike can be connected with the Apple Watch using the Watch Link app, an Apple Watch, and an iPhone. The watch will link with the bike automatically when the app is activated.
Getting your Apple Watch linked up with your NordicTrack Bike isn’t a complicated process. Read on to learn how to connect a NordicTrack with an Apple Watch to track workouts on both devices.
Apple Watch Works on NordicTrack With Bluetooth Connectivity
Using the health monitor on an Apple watch in tandem with the NordicTrack’s is thankfully doable. Both companies have designed their software to be compatible and easy to connect with a simple wireless Bluetooth connection. However, this does mean that a wireless Internet access is required wherever actively using the NordicTrack.
So what are the benefits of connecting a NordicTrack bike to an Apple Watch? Here are a few reasons why people enjoy the Bluetooth functionality between these devices:
- Take your workout anywhere. By monitoring workouts on an Apple Watch, workouts can be recorded even when not at home to the NordicTrack. It also allows keeping track of non-NordicTrack workouts as well as those done with the NordicTrack in the same app.
- Track your progress. The most satisfying aspect of recording workouts on the Apple Watch is the long-term, eagle-eye views of completed workouts that help to see what is working and what isn’t within that particular fitness routine.
When beginning to integrate NordicTrack workouts seamlessly into a larger fitness plan, recording all workout data in the same software is a great place to start. Thanks to the cross-compatibility between NordicTrack and Apple, it is possible to set up a system to do it in minutes with a wireless Internet signal.
Can Apple Watch Work With NordicTrack Without Wireless Internet?
Unfortunately, the only way to successfully use the Apple Watch and iFit NordicTrack systems together is to have a wireless connection that both devices are using. The iFit program on the NordicTrack can only run on a wireless connection.
However, an alternative method of tracking heart rates on Apple Watch without iFit is to use the NordicTrack in manual mode while also wearing an Apple Watch. This allows heart rate monitoring, just not through the NordicTrack bike.
Connecting the NordicTrack Bike to Apple Watch
Connecting the NordicTrack Bike to work with your Apple Watch is simple. To get started with the process, first be sure to have access to the following items:
- The NordicTrack bike you want to connect with your Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- iOS Smartphone or tablet
- The iFit app
To connect the Apple Watch to the NordicTrack bike through the iFit system, perform the following steps:
- Launch the iFit app on your iPhone.
- Select Tap to Start and follow the on-screen instructions for pairing your devices.
- Open the Watch Link app on your iPhone. To make sure the iPhone can connect with your NordicTrack, make sure you are using it within ten feet of the equipment. Alternatively, a USB cord can be used to pair the two devices manually.
- Open the Watch Link app on your Apple Watch. In the Watch Link app, choose your workout from the options available and click on it.
- Select your workout on the iFit screen. On the NordicTrack bike, select the same workout that was chosen on theApple Watch.
- Start your workout. About 20-40 seconds into the workout, the Apple Watch should begin broadcasting the recorded heart rate directly onto the NordicTrack’s iFit screen.
That is all there is to it! As long as there is a functioning wireless connection, the Apple Watch should automatically link with the NordicTrack bike through Bluetooth and the Watch Link app.
Can Other Apps Be Used to Link Apple Watch and NordicTrack?
The Watch Link app isn’t the only app that can be used to link an Apple Watch and a NordicTrack bike together. There is also an app called Echo Heart Rate that can help broadcast the Apple Watch heart rate monitor to the NordicTrack equipment. Other options include Heartcast and BlueHeart.
All of these software applications operate on the same basic principle – to seamlessly link the Apple Watch heart rate monitor to the NordicTrack equipment via a wireless Internet connection.
Apple Watch Pairs Well With NordicTrack
If there is interest in tracking workouts both on and off a NordicTrack bike, an Apple Watch is a perfect workout buddy to help in recording progress. Since connecting these two devices is as easy as the press of a button, there isn’t a simpler way to track workouts across all of your devices.