Does Nest Audio Work With Apple Music?
Within only the last few years, technological devices have come quite a long way. Products by different companies that were once completely incompatible can now be used together seamlessly. If you have a Nest Audio, you probably already know that it can connect with almost any smartphone to stream music and entertainment, but you may be wondering, does the Nest Audio work with Apple Music?
Fortunately, Nest Audios definitely do work with Apple Music! And luckily, all you need to do to connect the two is sign into your Google Home app on your iPhone or iPad and link the Nest Audio to Apple Music.
If you want to learn the step-by-step instructions on how to link your Apple Music to your Nest Audio, keep reading! We are going to discuss not only how to pair your Apple device to the Nest Audio smart speaker, but also how to use voice commands to control your entertainment and other exciting features that you can enjoy!
In order to pair your Apple Music to your Nest Audio to listen to endless entertainment through the smart home speaker, you just need to follow the simple instructions listed below.
- On your Apple device, open your Google Home app.
- If you have not already downloaded the app, you will need to do so in the App Store.
- From there, open the app and select SETTINGS, then MUSIC.
- Click Apple Music and follow the prompts to sign in or set up an account.
Once they are connected, you will be able to command the Nest Audio with voice controls to play anything from your Apple Music aloud at any time!
In order to ensure the device knows you want to be listening to your entertainment through Apple Music and not another streaming option, you will need to always say “On Apple Music” when requesting your chosen song, artist, or podcast.
However, there is a way to make Apple Music your default listening app and skip those few extra words.
The good news is, making Apple Music the automatic entertainment option for your Nest Audio couldn’t be easier!
Again, you will need to open the Google Home app on your iPhone or iPad. From there, select the SETTINGS option, then MUSIC, and finally, YOUR MUSIC SERVICES.
By selecting Apple Music as your music service, you will no longer have to specify to the Nest Audio that you want to listen “on Apple Music” but instead can just use the standard commands just as Play, Pause, Stop, and so forth and it will always select Apple Music as your preferred listening option.
If you are having trouble with what to say to your Nest Audio to play your music, you can find a list of Google-approved and recommended voice commands right here.
If for some reason you would like to disconnect your Apple Music from your Nest Audio or if you’d like to change your default music to another service, you can just follow the instructions below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, log into the Google Home app.
- Select SETTINGS, then MUSIC.
- Under Apple Music, select UNLINK.
- You will be prompted to select another service for your default option.
Using Apple Music as your default listening service on the Nest Audio will allow you to enjoy almost limitless music, podcasts, and audiobooks through Google Play Books, so you may never want to disconnect it! But of course, it’s good to have all the information so you understand all the workings of the Nest Audio.
There are a few common issues that you may encounter when attempting to connect your Nest Audio to your Apple Music but don’t worry, we are going to step through them now and figure out how to solve them yourself!
- Your smartphone is not connected to your home wireless network.
- This is important because although your phone will function flawlessly when using mobile data, it does need to be connected to the same WiFi as the Nest Audio in order to connect.
- The Bluetooth function isn’t working.
- If you followed the steps above but your phone won’t connect via Bluetooth to the Nest Audio, it’s most likely because the smart home speaker is already connected to another device, you will have to disconnect them to have it function properly.
- The Nest Audio won’t play music.
- Sometimes, it’s not the device that is at fault. If you are streaming your Apple Music from another smart device, it will interfere and change or stop the app from being able to stream to the smart speaker.
Hopefully, you now know how to handle the several small problems that may arise, and more importantly, be able to diagnose and even fix them yourself so you can keep enjoying your Apple Music!
Google’s Nest Audio absolutely does work with Apple Music and it’s super simple to connect the two!
Now, you know everything there is to know about pairing them and fixing any problems that may occur so you can start listening right now!