Does Lenovo Smart Display Work with Ring Doorbell?
Having several smart devices in your home offers numerous benefits. It allows for a much more convenient lifestyle and allows you to sync all your devices for fast and efficient use and setup. If you own a Lenovo Smart Display and a Ring Doorbell, you may be wondering if you can sync them together.
Lenovo’s Smart Display does not work with the Ring Doorbell because one is owned by Amazon and the other by its competitor, Google. However, the Ring Doorbell is compatible with the comparable Amazon Echo Show, while Google Nest Doorbells are compatible with the Lenovo Smart Display.
You may still be wondering what devices you can use with your Lenovo Smart Display and how to set them up together. We will cover all these steps in this article as well as discuss which displays work with the Ring Doorbell.
Does the Lenovo Smart Display Work with Ring Doorbell?
Since Amazon owns the Ring Doorbell, you will find that most of the devices that are compatible with it are also owned by Amazon. Unfortunately, most Ring devices are not able to work with Google devices, such as the Lenovo Smart Display, and vice versa. However, several Ring devices are compatible with Alexa-enabled devices:
- Ring Video Doorbell
- Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Ring Video Doorbell 3
- Ring Peephole Cam
- Ring Spotlight Cam
- Ring Alarm
- Ring Indoor Cam
Likewise, several Alexa-enabled devices are compatible with Ring devices:
- Echo Show (all generations)
- Echo Spot (all generations)
- Fire Tablets (Gen 7 and above)
- Nebula Soundbar-Fire TV Edition
What Smart Displays Work with Ring Doorbell?
Since the Lenovo Smart Display can’t integrate with the Ring Doorbell, you might be wondering which smart displays do.
Ring Doorbell, Ring Doorbell 2, and Ring Doorbell Pro are compatible with the following Echo smart displays:
The following steps can be used to set up the Ring Doorbell, the Ring Doorbell 2, and the Ring Doorbell Pro with Echo devices that feature smart displays:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Press the Menu line.
- Choose Skills and Games.
- Select the search magnifying glass and type in “Ring.”
- Select Ring and Enable to Use.
- Login to your Ring account to authorize it.
- Go into Settings and click Discover Devices.
- Select Set Up Device, then click Done.
- Now choose Cameras and Front Door.
Does Lenovo Smart Display Work with Other Smart Doorbells?
All the Nest Doorbells can be fully integrated to work with the Lenovo Smart Display. You will need to have the Google Assistant installed on your Lenovo device for this to work.
To set up Google Assistant on the Lenovo Smart Display, follow these steps:
- Plug in the device. Turn the device on and wait for it to boot up. It should automatically take you to a screen asking you to download the Google Home app.
- Download the Google Home app onto your phone. Use your phone or tablet to put the Google app on your phone. It is available for both Android and Apple devices.
- Sign in to your Google account. Use your Gmail address or other sign-in information to log in to your Google account on your phone.
- Press Setup. A notification should pop up that a device has been found. Click Setup in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Press Yes. The same code should appear on your smart display and your phone; press Yes if they match.
- Select the room your smart display is in. The Lenovo Smart Display can be controlled by room, so select the room you will use it in most often. It can always be changed later.
- Give your display a name. It will ask you to give your smart display a unique name. This can also be changed later.
- Connect to Wi-Fi. Follow the steps on the screen to connect your smart display to your Wi-Fi. Make sure your phone and smart display are on the same network.
Check out this great video to see how to use Google Assistant on your smart display.
To set up the Google Assistant with the Nest Doorbell, follow these steps:
- Go to the Nest home screen. Use your phone to use the Nest app. From the home screen, select Security.
- Click on Settings.
- Click Add Google Assistant.
- Follow the prompts on the screen. The app automatically takes you through steps to complete the setup process.
Even though the Lenovo Smart Display can’t connect to the Ring Doorbell, it can connect to the Nest Doorbell. The Ring Doorbell can also be connected to several different smart displays that are Alexa-enabled.
In general, to avoid compatibility issues, try to own solely Google or solely Amazon products so that all your devices can work together.