JFK Airport is the sixth largest in the world, serving roughly 125 air carriers and over 15 million people annually. Whether coming or going from JFK Airport in New York City, staying connected is important to travelers who can use JFK airport’s free WiFi.
JFK Airport provides free high-speed WiFi throughout the airport to domestic and international travelers. It is easy to log on and use during your time at the airport.
Read on to learn more about the free high-speed WiFi at JFK Airport and how it can easily be accessed from any location within the arrival, departure, and terminal areas!
How to Connect to JFK Free WiFi
- Enable WiFi on your device within its settings.
- Click on the settings app on your phone or tablet and select the WiFi option. If you’re using a laptop, click on the WiFi icon on your taskbar that looks like a fan.
- Select “_Free JFK WiFi” from the list that populates as your network. Be careful to select this option, as others may not be secure or require you to pay for access!
- This option will pull up a new browser page or tab. Select “Unlimited free WiFi” and enjoy browsing the internet without using a mobile data plan!
Now that you are connected to JFK’s free WiFi keep reading to know what to do when you’re connected and some precautions to take.
JFK Free WiFi Capabilities
Because the JFK free WiFi network is high speed, there’s no limit to what you can use it for, including activities that take up more bandwidth.
On the JFK WiFi, you can easily download music and stream videos. You can also download movies or media to your devices to enjoy when you are not connected to the internet.
You can also participate in online gaming, whether streaming or participating. This is a great way to pass the time in an airport.
Internet connectivity can also be used to keep up with family, friends, and work through accessing social media, work servers, and sending and receiving emails with little lag time. Don’t forget to download a borrowed book with Libby on your Kindle!
The free JFK WiFi allows you to keep living your life. Just be sure to follow the below safety tips to ensure that you are protected while staying connected at the airport!
However, accessing an outlet or charging station in JFK’s busy terminals isn’t always possible.
JFK WiFi Safety
Like many free networks, the WiFi at JFK Airport is free of charge and open to all. Because of this, consider taking steps to protect yourself from bad actors who may also be using the WiFi.
Because the network is open to all, some technology allows others to see what you are browsing and sending. This includes emails, credit card numbers, and messages.
Follow these tips to protect yourself when using free WiFi at JFK airport:
- Ensure you are using only the official JFK airport WiFi, as others may be put into place by people trying to access your data.
- Consider only browsing on secure or encrypted websites. You can identify these as they have an s following HTTP on the web address, but you still may want to avoid highly sensitive websites.
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN). This software, such as VPN Proxy Master or Nord VPN, can be easily downloaded as apps for your devices.
- If you choose to log into accounts requiring a password, make sure you log out of these secure accounts after you use them.
About JFK Free WiFi
JFK provides a fast and reliable network at no cost to travelers and visitors to the airport.
Here are some important details about the free WiFiprovided at JFK:
- WiFi at JFK Airport is provided by the Port Authority, which manages travel in New York and New Jersey. Boingo provides the WiFi network itself.
- Free WiFi at JFK can be accessed on any internet-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer.
- You can access free WiFi at JFK from almost anywhere within the airport terminals.
- Free WiFi users do not have to fly in or out of JFK; if you are in the arrival or departure areas, you can connect to the network. No proof of travel is required.
- The WiFi at JFK is considered high-speed, meaning that users can expect speeds ranging from 20 to 50 megabits per second.
- With this fast internet speed, users can ensure that their normal internet activities, including browsing, messaging, emailing, and streaming content, are uninterrupted.
- Previously, you could only connect to WiFi at JFK for a set amount of time and would also pay for access. There is no time limit or cost to use the JFK free WiFi.
When traveling through JFK airport, you can quickly and easily connect to the free high-speed WiFi to remain connected throughout your time at the airport!