Does Insignia TV Have Google Chrome
The main source of TV watching for many is via Google Chrome, but this is a feature that doesn’t come with all smart TVs. Is that true of Insignia TV? Does Insignia TV have Google Chrome?
Not all Insignia TVs have Google Chrome installed as a basic feature for users. Looking through the settings menu is the best way to determine if Google Chrome is installed.
Find out below the steps to check if your Insignias TV has Google Chrome and, if not, the steps you can follow to cast Chrome to your InsigniaTV set.
How To Check If Chrome Is Installed
So how do you know if your Insignia TV has Chrome pre-installed? You’ll have to do a little research. Thankfully, it’s pretty easy and won’t take up a ton of your time.
Follow these steps to determine if Google Chrome is available:
- Use the remote that comes with the Insignia TV.
- Locate the home button and press it.
- Find the settings menu.
- In settings, find the app menu.
- Select “casting” to ensure it’s set to enabled.
If there is no Chromecast option in the apps menu, this means Chromecast isn’t already installed on the Insignia TV.
If Chromecast is not available on your Insignia TV, read below on what to do next.
Why Do You Need Google Chrome
Having Google Chrome on your Insignia TV will give you the following benefits:
- Use voice commands to launch games, shows, sports, and movies from your mobile device to TV
- Play streaming content on TV from your device
- Turn your TV on or off with HDMI-CEC, using voice commands
- Use your TV as a computer
Adding Google Chrome upgrades your Insignia TV experience to a level that allows ease of use, bigger picture, and crisper images than you would have using your mobile device or computer.
How To Cast Chrome on Insignia TV
Even if Chrome isn’t installed on your Insignia TV, you can still effectively cast it to an Insignia TV.
To cast Chrome to your Insignia TV, you’ll need a casting device, like Chromecast. It’s also essential to have a secure Wi-Fi connection.
In order to enable Google Chrome on your Insignia TV, you will need one of the following:
- A Chromecast
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Chromecast Ultra
Additionally, you will need the following:
- Computer or mobile device
- Wi-Fi network
- Recent version of Google Chrome (version 72 or higher)
- Make sure TV and device are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection
How To Cast Google Chrome from A Computer
If you want to use your phone or another device while you’re casting, then a computer is another option.
Here are the steps to cast Google Chrome to an Insignia TV from a computer:
- On your computer, open Chrome to any web page.
- At the top right, click more and then cast.
- Choose the Chromecast device that you want to use.
- Click Cast to, then choose Chromecast from the source options available.
- The web page you have open on your computer will then show on your TV.
- To end the cast, on the right of the address bar, click cast and then stop casting.
How To Use Google Chrome with A Mobile Device
If you haven’t already, download Google Cast from the Play Store onto your mobile device. Open the app and launch; this will take you through a simple setup process.
You must agree to Google’s use policy to continue and then sign in to Google. When you see the Google Cast screen, tap devices, and a list will appear, choose your device and click setup.
A code will appear on both your TV and Google Cast, tap the “I see the code” box and click continue. You will have an option to rename your device; this is not required.
Lastly, you will be asked to connect to a network. Once that is completed, you will now be able to use your mobile device with Google Chrome on your Insignia TV.
You will then need to tap the three dots at the top right corner of Google Cast and click cast screen. You will then choose your Chromecast from the list, and within a few moments, your mobile device’s home screen should appear on the screen.
When you have a smart TV such as an Insignia, users can access applications without being interrupted by other devices. If Google Chrome isn’t already installed, your TV can be connected to a Chromecast via a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.