By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Honeywell T9 thermostat is a smart home thermostat that allows you to remotely control your home’s temperature. You can also set it on a schedule to change temperatures throughout the day. However, can the device control humidity too?
While the Honeywell T9 Thermostat cannot control humidity, it can measure it. The thermostat and the included T9 sensor can measure humidity to give you a better idea of the levels in your home.
If you are wondering how to see the humidity levels in your home with the Honeywell T9 thermostat, don’t worry. We will go over all the details in this article; we will also go over some tips for controlling the humidity in your home.
Can You Control Humidity with Honeywell T9 Thermostat?
Even though the thermostat cannot directly control the humidity levels in your home, it can measure them and give you a percentage. If you buy the T9 thermostat package, it will also come with one sensor; the sensor can also measure humidity.
How to See Humidity Levels on the Honeywell T9 Thermostat
To see the humidity level on your thermostat, follow these steps:
- Go to the main thermostat in your home.
- Tap the screen to light the background if needed.
- Above the big temperature number, you will see a small water droplet symbol.
- The number next to the drop is the humidity percentage.
If you have a sensor installed in a particular room, you can also check the humidity level from the Honeywell Home App:
- Tap the gear icon in the right corner to open the settings page.
- Tap Devices & Sensors.
- Click the name of the Sensor you want to check.
- It should show you the temperature and humidity of the room where the sensor is located.
If you need help connecting and naming a sensor, you can watch this video. The thermostat comes with one sensor, but it can connect up to 20. If you buy more sensors, you will be able to know the humidity levels of every room in your house more accurately.
Monitoring Humidity with the Honeywell T9 Thermostat
Even though the Honeywell T9 thermostat doesn’t directly control humidity, the sensing tool can help you ensure that your humidity is at the correct level. High humidity levels can cause mold, mildew, and high bacteria growth in your home. Mold growth can also damage your entire air conditioning system.
Here are some tips for using your T9 thermostat to ensure appropriate humidity levels:
- Set your thermostat to auto to naturally dehumidify the air.
- Keep the thermostat between 72-78 degrees in the summer.
- In the winter, keep the thermostat at around 68 degrees when you’re not at home.
- Set a schedule on your thermostat to control the temperature when you’re not at home.
- Consult an HVAC technician if you are concerned about your home’s humidity or thermostat.
- Place sensors in every room of your house to help you gauge the humidity levels.
- Check that the humidity levels are 40 percent or lower in the winter.
- Make sure humidity levels are between 40 percent to 65 percent in the summer.
If you are concerned about the humidity levels in your house, you can consider buying a dehumidifier. They will help to remove moisture from your home and keep your humidity levels within the recommended range.
If you have problems in the winter with cold air and low humidity, consider getting a humidifier. It will put moisture back into the air to make the air feel more comfortable and warmer.
Remember that if you have very high or low humidity levels, a simple dehumidifier might not work enough to control the moisture. You might want to contact a professional to check your system and ensure everything is working properly.
What Smart Thermostats Control Humidity?
Honeywell makes a thermostat that can control your humidifier as well as the temperature and other heating and cooling settings. The Prestige IAQ Thermostat Kit allows you to have more control over your humidifier and the humidity levels in your home.
The kit can control:
It also connects to Wi-Fi just like the T9. Overall, it is more expensive but gives access to changing your humidity levels. If you are concerned about your home’s humidity levels, getting a thermostat with humidifier controls could be a good option. Otherwise, stick to the T9 with the humidity sensors.
The Honeywell T9 thermostat measures your humidity levels both through your thermostat and the extra sensors. You can easily check the humidity levels of your home by looking at the thermostat’s home screen. You can also check the humidity levels of the thermostat and your sensors remotely from the Honeywell Home App.