Does Fire TV Cube Work With Apple TV?
By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So you just saw this thriller, and from the first time you set your eyes on it, you are captivated by it. A few moments later, you find out that this movie streams only on the Apple TV platform, and you are left wondering how you can get to stream this show on your Fire TV Cube. Already Hulu and Amazon prime works with the cube so what about Apple TV?
Apple TV works on Fire TV Cube just fine. Although some Amazon Fire TV devices aren’t compatible with Apple TV, the Fire TV Cube model would work without any issue. According to Apple, you can stream your favorite shows on Apple TV using the fire TV Cube Gen 1 and 2.
The Amazon Fire TV Cube is a device that lets you have access to a ton of streaming services, games as well as music through your Television. In this article, we would look at how you would be able to find and connect Apple TV to your Cube TV. Keep reading to find out how.
Does Fire TV Work With Apple TV?
Fortunately for most Fire TV users, Apple TV is made available in most Amazon Fire TV devices from November 2019. It is installed as an app in which you can access all shows, and contents on Apple TV and Apple TV+. Although you need a subscription to make use of this service.
This is the list of Fire TV devices that can be installed with Apple TV:
- Fire TV stick – Basic Edition (2017) & Gen 2 (2016)
- Fire TV stick 4K (2018)
- Fire TV Cube (1st and 2nd Gen)
- Fire TV (3rd Gen)
- Toshiba Fire TV Edition – HD and 4K (2018)
- Insignia Fire TV Edition – HD and 4K (2018)
- Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition 4K
If you’d like to learn more about the Fire TV Cube, check out this article. Now, let’s take a look at why you’re unable to find the Apple TV app on your Fire TV.
Why Can’t I Find Apple TV on My Fire TV?
Just as we discussed above, Apple TV is compatible with most Fire TV devices. As someone who owns, or is probably going to purchase a Fire TV Cube, you are on the safe side.
If you can’t find Apple TV on your Fire TV Cube, it’s probably because you haven’t installed the application yet. Apple TV needs to be installed first before you can be able to access any of the contents. The Apple TV app is not compatible with Fire TV (1st and 2nd Gen), and the Fire TV Stick (Gen 1).
Apple wants to distribute its app as widely as possible, so they can get customers to pay recurring fees even if it means reselling channels Hulu, Netflix, or HBO. That way, they can introduce their original content of movies, and TV shows which can only be found on Apple TV+.
How Do You Connect Apple TV to Fire TV?
There are two ways in which you can get Apple TV on your Fire TV Cube. You can either decide to download it directly to the device through the App Store, or you can get it directly from the web.
Downloading Apple TV Through App Store
To download Apple TV through the app store, follow these steps:
- Search on your Fire Cube TV Home Screen for Apple TV, or just talk to Alexa to do the task for you.
- If that is done, download, and install the application with just the click of a button.
- You can decide to launch the app there, or just go to the Home Screen, the app would be there waiting for you.
- Launch the app then scroll to the “watch now” tab, and select Apple TV.
- Log in with your Apple ID so you will be able to access Apple TV+.
- All the movies, and shows you bought using that Apple ID would also be made available there.
Now, let’s take a look at how to download Apple TV on your Fire TV from the internet.
Downloading From the Internet
If for some reason you aren’t able to access the Apple TV app from the App Store, you can get it by following these steps:
- Go directly to the Amazon website on your Fire TV Cube device.
- When you get to the website, click on the “Get the App” button.
- If that button does not highlight, it’s probably because it is not compatible with your device but in this case, it would.
- Once you click the button, the Apple TV app would be installed into your Fire TV Cube, and then you can access it on the Home Screen.
Now, let’s look at how much the Apple TV costs on the Fire TV.
How Much is Apple TV on Fire TV?
The Apple TV itself is free to install on all the Fire TV devices but the Apple TV+, a steaming service made by Apple, isn’t. You would need to sign up, and subscribe for the Apple TV+ at the rate of $4.99 per month if you want to use it.
If you already have an Apple TV+ account, you can just download the Apple TV app then log into your account to access all your favorite shows. If you don’t sign up for the Apple TV+, you can just rent, or buy movies on your Apple TV app from other streaming sites.
Now you know everything there is to know about the Fire TV Cube working with Apple TV and streaming services.