Does Element TV Have Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is the web browser of choice for many people. Using a web browser to stream content allows you to access more content types than you would otherwise. In addition, streaming content on your Element TV is the best way to enjoy content with your loved ones. So, does Element TV have Google Chrome installed?
Element TV does not have Google Chrome installed on it. To use Google Chrome on your Element TV, you need to connect a PC to the TV using a cable. There is no way to download a web browser onto the Element TV, including Google Chrome.
There are some types of content that you can’t stream using programmable apps on TV. But there are ways to use Google Chrome on your Element TV without downloading any apps. Continue reading to learn how to use Google Chrome on your Element TV.
Using an HDMI Cable to Use Google Chrome on Your Element TV
The best way to use Google Chrome on your TV is to connect your PC to your Element TV with an HDMI cable. Unfortunately, you cannot download any web browsers onto the Element TV, but you can use it as a larger screen to connect to your laptop. The following steps will teach you how to use an HDMI cable to use Google Chrome on your Element TV.
- Download Google Chrome onto your PC.
- Purchase an HDMI cable to connect your Element TV to your PC.
- Plug one end of the cable into the Element TV HDMI port and the other end of the cable into your PC HDMI port.
- Use your TV remote to flip to the HDMI channel that your PC connects to
- On your computer, open Google Chrome and make sure that your computer screen replicates onto the Element TV.
Every gaming console connects to a TV using an HDMI cable, and your computer can serve the same function. For example, you can use Google Chrome on your Element TV to browse the web, stream content, and present documents. As long as you have an HDMI cable, you can replicate your computer screen onto your Element TV.
What to Do If No Image Appears on Your Element TV When You Connect the HDMI Cable
If you plug your PC into your Element TV using an HDMI cable and no image appears on your tv screen, you need to follow a few troubleshooting options. As long as your ports and your cables are not damaged, you should be able to use Google Chrome on your Element TV with an HDMI cable. Follow the steps below to replicate your PC screen onto your Element TV.
- Check that your HDMI channel is in sync with the HDMI port that connects to your PC. This situation is the most common reason people do not see their computer screen replicated onto their Element TV.
- Check your HDMI cable for any damage. If there is any damage to the HDMI cable, you will need to buy a new cable. HDMI cables will not connect to your Element TV if the cable is damaged. Any interference will cause your screen to be black.
- Use a cotton swab or compressed air to clean your computer’s HDMI ports and Element TV’s HDMI ports. Your PC and Element TV connection can be interrupted if debris sticks in your HDMI ports. Dust buildup can also contribute to connection problems.
- Try to plug your HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your Element TV. One of your HDMI ports can have connection problems, and another one to be problem-free. If you have other devices connected to your Element TV with an HDMI cable, check to see if those devices also show a black screen.
Any damage to your HDMI cable or the ports that connect your devices will prevent you from using Google Chrome on your Element TV with an HDMI cable. A working HDMI cable is essential to use Google Chrome on an Element TV because you cannot download any web browsers on an Element TV.
Final Thoughts on Using Google Chrome on Your Element TV
There are many reasons why you might want to be able to use the Google Chrome Browser on your Element TV, and it can feel inconvenient that you can’t download the Google Chrome app onto the TV. However, you can get around this problem by using an HDMI to connect your PC to your Element TV.
By broadcasting your PC screen onto the Element TV, you have not limited to the features that you can use to that of a Google Chrome extension App. Desktop versions of applications always display more features than app versions, so you can use the Google Chrome browser without restrictions by connecting your Element TV to your PC.