Does Element TV Have Chromecast? Tips On How To Use It!
If you have an Element TV you may have noticed that while it has many smart features, it doesn’t quite have them all. Element TVs do not come equipped with a web browser or an app or play store, so you may be wondering how you can enjoy browsing the internet or using one of your favorite apps on the big screen. One way to do this is via Chromecast, so the important question is: does Element TV have Chromecast?
Element TVs do offer Chromecast, as long as it is an Android model. You must first ensure that your Element TV is in fact an Android, then you can follow the steps to use Chromecast to mirror your smartphone, tablet, or laptop onto your television screen.
To find out what kind of Element TV you have, as well as how to connect Chromecast, and even how to use it, keep reading! We have everything you need to know to start enjoying the screen of your smart device on your television screen right here.
Does Your Element TV Have Chromecast?
In order to first establish whether or not your Element TV has Chromecast capabilities, you will need to figure out if you have an Element Android TV.
The first step is finding your television’s model number. This series of letters and numbers can be found in two places: on your television and in your user manual. On the back of your TV, there will be a small sticker. The model number is usually in the top right corner.
If you cannot access the back of your Element TV, you will have to find your user manual. The model number should be quite clearly printed on the first page. Once you have found your model number, you can enter it into an online search engine to find out if it is an Android!
If it is, you can continue to the following sections to learn how to use Chromecast, if not, unfortunately, your television does not have Chromecast capabilities.
How to Connect Chromecast to your Element TV
Now that you know that your Element TV has a Chromecast option, i.e. it is an Android TV, you will of course want to know how to use it! Here is everything you need to know:
- First and foremost, you need to ensure that both your smart device from where you want to cast and your television are both connected to the same home wireless network.
- Next, you need to download the Google Home app to your smart device.
- From there, open the app on your smart device that you wish to see on your television screen.
- In the app, find and select the option to CAST.
- Your device will prompt you to select the name of your TV.
- The CAST option should then change color and you will be able to see the app on your television screen.
That’s all there is to it! If for some reason you are not seeing your phone, tablet, or laptop screencast to your television screen, we have a few simple solutions you can try.
Troubleshooting Chromecast on your Element TV
By following the steps listed above, you should be able to easily use Chromecast on your Element TV, however, if you are having trouble, don’t worry! We are going to go through each of the possible problems you might be facing and how to solve them!
- WiFi Connection: Your television may not be connected to the same WiFi network as your device. To fix this issue, you need to access your television’s SETTINGS menu and navigate to the WiFi section. If you have not signed in to your wireless network, you will be prompted to select the network name and enter your password. Next, turn to your device and make sure the WiFI option is turned on and connected to the same network.
- Google Home App: This is an incredibly important step and it cannot be missed! On your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, you need to navigate to the app or play store and download the Google Home app. You will need to sign in or create an account if you don’t have one before being able to successfully use Chromecast.
- Your Device is not an Android: If the device you are trying to cast is not an Android, these instructions will not work. If you have an Apple product, you may be able to use AirPlay, but you will need to follow a very different set of directions.
Hopefully, you have sorted out any little issues and are enjoying Chromecast on your Element TV! If not, you may need to reach out to the Element support team for help.
So, does Element TV have Chromecast? Well, if it is an Android model, it does! You will also need an Android smart device in order to use this casting option, but if you do, it couldn’t be easier to use, and now you know how!