Does Blink Doorbell Have Night Vision?
Keeping your home safe is at the forefront of every homeowner’s mind. Luckily, modern technology has made this easier than ever through video doorbells. There are a variety of doorbells available online, but a top brand are the Blink doorbells.
Blink doorbells are designed to give you an inside look at what is happening at your home, no matter the time of day. All currently available models of the Blink security camera will have infrared night vision. This means that you can see clearly no matter the light levels in or around your home.
Since crime levels are often higher at night, having the ability to see your home clearly is key. Of course, you will want to compare security doorbell options before making any purchases. If you would like to learn more about the Blink Doorbell and how it can benefit you, keep reading.
What Sets the Blink Doorbell Apart from Others?
Before we jump into the quality of the Blink doorbell camera, it is important to understand the benefits and potential negatives of this brand. There are several major camera doorbells on the market today, but Blink is arguably the most affordable per its quality. However, this affordability is only one of several benefits.
The benefits to Blink Doorbells are:
- Easy Set Up – Blink Doorbells are among the easiest to set up. They come equipped with a plastic plate that you mount to your door frame with two screws. The doorbell clips on and is ready to use.
- Battery Power – Unlike other camera doorbells, the Blink models use AA batteries that are easy to install and replace. You never have to charge the camera for longer periods of time.
- Quick Start Time – Due to the easy battery installment, the only major start up time you have is angling the camera to your liking. While this may take a couple of minutes, it is usually quick and simple for even those that are not tech-savvy.
- Accurate Notifications – Once you are connected to the camera, you will begin receiving notifications directly to your phone or another device. These notifications are sent should someone ring the doorbell or simply walk by the camera.
- Two-Way Talk Available – There is the option available to speak with whoever is at your door. This means if you are getting a package delivered, have an unexpected guest, or simply want to speak to the person on the other side of the camera, you can. They can also speak back to you.
Overall, the Blink Doorbell is extremely affordable and still offers the benefits you would expect from this style of the device. The only notable negative is that some models do not offer live feed watching without a motion alert. This can be an annoyance but is often not a deal breaker.
Does the Blink Doorbell Offer Clear Footage?
Perhaps the most important part of purchasing a video doorbell is ensuring the camera footage is clear and usable. Despite being inexpensive, the Blink doorbell offers quality video footage of the area you are hoping to see. The specifications for this camera are:
- Resolution – 1090p HD Video, which is the standard for most security cameras.
- Field of View – The camera offers an 80-degree vertical view and a 135-degree horizontal view/
- Format – The doorbell records in a 16:9 format.
Overall, the footage offered is very good quality and will give you a clear view of what is happening around your home.
Using Night Vision on Blink Doorbells
As mentioned, all Blink cameras offer night vision, which is achieved through infrared lighting. This means that your camera will continue to offer you video even through the nighttime hours. Since this is often when homeowners worry about their homes, offering these services is key.
While color night vision is not available through Blink, they offer HD black and white video. The night vision is very sharp and clear, offering homeowners an easy view of what is happening at their home.
This infrared lighting works by:
- LED lights emit infrared light. This light is invisible to the human eye.
- There is an image sensor in use that works with these infrared lights to detect objects in the area.
- Since these lights are not visible to the human eye, they will not allow those near your home to notice the camera.
- Once motion is detected, the camera will take a black and white image of what is triggering the camera.
Once your camera is in place, you can adjust these infrared settings to fit your needs. This allows you to get the best view of your home possible. Overall, these settings will ensure your Blink doorbell keeps you as safe as possible.
Keep Your Home Safe with a Blink Doorbell
If you are interested in adding a video doorbell to your home, the Blink doorbell is a great option. This is an expensive and easy way to monitor what is happening near your home, even from far away. Since Blink cameras utilize infrared lighting, you can use your device even in the dark.