Does Amazon Fire 7 Have Screen Mirroring?
The Amazon Fire 7 is a popular tablet device made by Amazon. It is the current generation of Amazon tablets and provides a practical solution to browsing the Web and streaming while on the go. With such a focus on streaming and watching video on the Fire, you may be wondering if you can use it for screen mirroring.
The Amazon Fire 7 tablet has a screen mirroring option that can usually be used with compatible devices via Wi-Fi. There are a few different ways to achieve this with the Amazon Fire 7.
If you have an Amazon Fire 7 tablet and want to use it for screen mirroring, read on to find out more about this process.
The Amazon Fire 7 tablet was first released in 2017, part of the seventh generation of Fire tablets made by Amazon. A new model was released in 2019, part of the ninth generation, and the most recent version was released in 2022, part of the 12th generation.
Once known as the Kindle Fire, the Amazon Fire is a popular line of tablets, especially when it comes to the 7. The current generation enables users to play video in high quality, which makes screen mirroring a great perk. While older generations of the Fire were more mirroring-friendly, the 7 can be used for that in specific circumstances.
Screen mirroring, also known as display mirroring, allows users to display the media on their device on another, usually via Wi-Fi. This helps Amazon Fire 7 users with access to watching their media on a bigger screen.
The Amazon Fire 7 tablet is designed to have a screen mirroring function with compatible devices using the Fire OS. You will find it far easier to connect an Amazon Fire 7 tablet to another device made by Amazon or using Amazon technology.
Despite this limitation, we’ll take a look at other options that could be used to screen mirror with the Amazon Fire 7 tablet.
The Google Chromecast is a popular streaming device that enables users to stream video content from a phone or a tablet to a TV.
Here’s how to use a Chromecast device with an Amazon Fire 7 tablet:
- Make sure that your Fire 7 tablet supports Google Play Store sideloading. This will allow you to install third-party apps that can link to the Chromecast.
- Use the third-party app of your choice and then connect the Fire 7 to the Chromecast. This will allow you to use the Chromecast device easily and as intended, even on non-Fire OS devices.
On older versions of Fire tablets, you will easily find the display mirroring option. This has since become a more selective option, but if you have another of those tablets in your home, you may want to use it to screen mirror.
Some options support the use of an HDMI dongle to easily screen mirror an Amazon Fire 7 tablet to a TV.
Using an HDMI dongle will allow you to select the option for screen mirroring and connect the devices you need. This will usually be found under the Displays & Sounds menu in the settings. An HDMI dongle is a practical workaround to most screen mirroring issues that Amazon Fire 7 tablet users may encounter during this process.
This is also a handy option when it comes to traveling and screen mirroring while on the go.
Linking an Amazon Fire 7 tablet with a Fire OS smart TV is the easiest way to use this feature.
- Connect both your tablet and your TV to the same Wi-Fi network
- Turn on both devices
- Check that both devices are linked to the same Amazon account
- Go to the Home Page on the Amazon Fire 7
- Select Videos, then Store
- You will see all the video content linked to your Amazon account
- Select your choice.
- An option to Watch on Fire TV or Watch on Fire Stick will appear between the Watch Now and the Download options.
- When you tap that, more information about your selected title will pop up on the Fire TV or the Fire Stick.
- Play the content on your Fire TV or your Fire Stick, and feel free to switch off your Amazon Fire 7 tablet or to use it for something else.
This method is the one intended to be used with the Amazon Fire 7 and the one that requires the least hassle. The tablet is designed to seamlessly work with all other Fire OS devices.
The Amazon Fire 7 tablet has screen mirroring that can be used easily with Fire OS devices like the Fire TV and the Fire Stick. Any other devices will require a few more steps to achieve the same result and may not always work as intended.