The manufacturers of Kasa Smart devices were once known for their wireless routers and other home network devices. Recently, though, they have introduced their smart outlets, lightbulbs, light switches, and cameras to help you improve the security and connectivity of your home.
Do Amazon Alexa devices work with Kasa? Yes, you can connect Kasa smart devices to Amazon Alexa and control them with voice commands. You will just need to complete a simple setup on your smartphone.
Continue reading to learn how to connect your Kasa devices with your Amazon Alexa speakers, and get some tips for creating fun automations in your home.
Connecting Your Kasa Smart Devices to Amazon Alexa
Kasa Smart makes it easy to connect the many devices in your home. Because these helpful devices are compatible with Alexa, you can use your voice to control your smart home ecosystem. All it takes is a simple setup, then you’re good to go.
To get started with setup, first sign in to the Kasa app on your smartphone. Then, set up all of your Kasa devices, making sure that they are connected to the Kasa app. Then, follow these steps to connect your Kasa devices to Amazon Alexa:
- In the Amazon Alexa app, tap the Home icon on the bottom. Select the + symbol to Add a Device.
- Select Kasa Smart from the available choices, then tap “Continue.”
- Tap “Enable to Use” on the next screen, then authorize your decision by entering your Kasa username and password.
- You will get a success message when everything has been set up properly. Tap Done.
- Next, Alexa will need to discover the Kasa devices in your home. You can tap Discover Devices or use a voice command to find your lightbulbs, camera, and more.
- Once you select a device, you’ll need to set it up by telling Alexa where it belongs in your home. Naming your rooms allows you to more easily set up scenes in the future.
- Click Done, then you are finished with the setup process.
Once you set up each of your Kasa devices, they can be used with Alexa voice commands on your Amazon smart speakers.
Capabilities of Alexa and Kasa Devices
The family of Kasa smart home devices are incredibly advanced, allowing you many choices when it comes to connecting and protecting your home.
- Kasa Smart Light Switches
- Kasa Smart Bulbs
- Kasa Smart Indoor and Outdoor Cameras
- Kasa Smart plugs
These devices come ready to use, with easy installation that does not require an additional WiFi hub. Their outlets can monitor your home’s energy usage, and then give you recommendations on how to save energy. You can also schedule routines to turn lights and electronics on and off depending on the time of day or whether or not you’re home.
Explore More Possibilities with Kasa and IFTTT
You can use IFTTT to get more out of your Kasa smart devices and Amazon Alexa smart speakers. This software allows you to create triggers that set off automations across your smart home devices.
You can choose from many applets that users have already created for some useful and unique actions in your home. Some of our favorites include:
- Activating a scene at a certain time of day: You can dim the lights to indicate it’s bedtime for your kids. Or, you can set the heat to turn off once everyone has left for work and school.
- Changing the color of your lightbulbs when you get a new follower on your Twitch channel.
- Turning off a smart outlet when you leave your home. This is a great tool if you are prone to forgetting to turn things off and to save energy in your home.
- Switching your lights on when your smart doorbell rings. This will indicate to visitors you are home, and it helps you navigate through your home if it’s dark out.
- Activating a scene when you enter a room. This includes integration with motion sensors, but it’s a great tool to turn on lights, so you don’t have to search for a light switch in the dark.
You Can Do So Much with Smart Home Technology
Manufacturers of smart home devices, like Kasa, design these amazing tools to make it easier for us to connect with and protect our home. The best part is that you get to choose from many devices, and customize your home based on your family’s needs/
Integrating with smart speakers like the Amazon Echo Dot and others makes it even easier to control the devices in your home. Not only can you use the advanced tools within the app on your smartphone, but you can also sit back, relax, and make commands with just your voice. What will you do with your smart home devices?