By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you bring a new baby home, nothing like a reliable monitoring system gives parents peace of mind. As technology has improved, moms and dads find comfort in keeping a close eye on their children. Parents can watch their babies and toddlers via video through the VTech Baby Monitor. So can the VTech baby monitors record?
You can record with the VTech Baby Monitor. It is a monitoring system that allows parents to see and record their children via a camera, a parent screen unit, or a smartphone or tablet.
To understand which recording capabilities your VTech Baby Monitor recording has, carefully check your device’s user guide and follow these easy steps to learn how to record a video of your baby through your Vtech Baby Monitor.
Get Set Up To Record with the Vtech Baby Monitor
When using a VTech Baby Monitor, you have access to live views of your little one at your fingertips through your phone, tablet, or device video receiver, depending on the model you purchase. Some models do not offer the capability to record, so check the items’ specs or owners manual to ensure your device has the desired capability.
To prepare to record video with your recording-equipped VTech Baby Monitor, ensure that the device is charged or connected to a power source and turned on. You can connect your device to WiFi to take full advantage of the system’s recording capability.
Follow these steps to set up your VTech Baby Monitor before trying to record:
- Locate the power cord and plug in the camera.
- Turn on the camera using the power button.
- Locate the parent screen device. This device needs several hours to charge completely for remote use.
- Once the device is charged, raise the antenna and hold the power button to turn it on.
- As you move through the welcome tutorial, you will have the option to set up your WiFi on your device. This is a crucial step as a WiFi connection is required to connect your camera to the parent screen.
- Proceed with adding the camera to the parent screen device.
If you’re having trouble pairing the VTech camera, there are some things you can try to fix it.
After your device is set up, there will be some differences in how you will record video using your VTech Baby Monitor. Read on to find out how different models allow you to record.
Depending on the model, these models will have different apps and ways of recording.
Older Models of the VTech Baby Monitor
Once your monitor is set up, you can use the Parent Screen to record video by following these steps:
- Before saving a video to the parent monitor, you will need to purchase an SD card and insert it into the unit. Videos captured from the monitor will be stored on this card.
- You will see a video camera icon when looking at the monitor while it shows your baby. If you want to capture a video, tap the icon to begin recording, and tap the stop icon for it to stop recording.
- Your video will be saved to the SD card, which you can insert into a computer with an SD port to view and save the video externally.
If you prefer to use your smartphone or tablet to record video, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure your operating system is up to date and download the MyVTechBaby App on the App Store or Google Play.
- Once your camera is attached to WiFi, you can link it to your smartphone or tablet to see your little one when you’re on the go.
- To record a video, tap the record icon that displays; to stop, tap the stop icon.
- These videos will be stored on your phone’s memory and accessed through the photo app, allowing you to download and share special moments with family, friends, and social media.
Recording with Newer Models of the VTech Baby Monitor
Newer models of the VTech Baby Monitor may not be capable of recording video on the parent monitoring device. Still, they do offer seamless options to record video via your smartphone or tablet:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the most up-to-date version of your Apple or Android device’s operating system
- Ensure that your camera is connected to your home’s WiFi network
- Download the MyVTech Baby 1080p app via the Apple App Store or Google Play
- To record a video, tap the camera icon while using the app to begin recording and the stop icon to end the recording.
- The videos you take through the mobile app will be saved to the device’s memory and can be accessed via your photo app for sharing.
With the options that video monitors give families through their devices and associated apps, parents can keep an eye on their children and ensure their well-being from as close as another room or as far as around the world. By using the recording options for VTech Baby Monitors, parents can be sure to capture special moments – no matter where they are!