Do GE Smart Switches Work with Google Home?
One of the, admittedly few, problems with setting up a smart home is trying to find compatible products. You can get a smart lock and find out that it doesn’t work with your central control system.
GE Smart Switches are compatible with Google Home. You only need to follow the steps to connect it, and you will be fine.
Read on to discover how to connect Cync switches to Google, the benefits of using Smart switches in general, and GE smart switches in particular.
Do GE Smart Switches Work With Google Home?
One of the most important properties a smart switch can have is the ability to work across different voice command systems like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or Samsung SmartThings. GE Smart switches fit this perfectly, as they are compatible with all three.
However, the best thing about these Cync switches is that they work with any of these command systems without a hub. You can just connect them directly.
After getting a GE Smart Switch, the next course of action is to connect it to your command system, be it Alexa or Google Home. If it’s Google Home, follow the steps in the next section to do the connecting.
How To Connect GE Smart Switches to Google Home
After getting another smart product for your home, the next step is to connect to the main command system of your home. There are a series of steps involved in connecting.
These steps are:
- Plug in the switch and put it on.
- On your smartphone or tablet, open the Google Home app.
- At the bottom of the app, tap the home icon.
- Tap the add icon
- Go to Set up Device
- Click New Device.
- Add the Cync smart switch and follow the steps in the app to complete the process.
GE Smart Switches are compatible with Google Home, and we discussed how to connect them. Let us look at the general benefits of Smart Switches.
Benefits of Using Smart Switches
If you can touch a switch when you want to turn on or turn off the lights, why the need for a smart switch? Well, there are many benefits of smart switches over conventional ones. Some are obvious, while some are not so.
- Convenience: Like all Technological advancements, smart switches offer a world of convenience over the status quo. You can control your lighting from anywhere, provided you are connected. It is also possible to set a schedule with the lights on and off at certain times. Additionally, you can even program smart switches to turn lights on when someone enters the room and turn them off when someone leaves. However, not the lights alone, as you can also set a schedule for your fans or air conditioners.
- It saves energy costs: When you use smart switches rather than regular ones, you reduce energy wasted due to forgetting to turn off the light or other appliances. When you program your switch to a schedule, you have minimal power wasted and save money in the long run.
- It allows integrating multiple devices: With Smart switches, you can group many devices and control them with one command. This is a very beneficial feature, as you can control all the appliances in a room without too much stress.
From the above, it can be concluded that smart switches are a wonderful thing to have in the home. But what of GE Smart Switches specifically?
Features of GE Smart Switches
Formerly known as C by GE and now Cync, GE smart switches don’t work only for light bulbs. They also work for home appliances like fans and air conditioners.
Some of these features are listed and explained below:
- They make normal bulbs smart: With Cync smart switches, you can control normal incandescent, LED, and halogen bulbs, asides from the Cync bulbs products like their premium vintage LED series.
- They have motion and ambient light detection: This feature allows the automatic turning on and off of lighting and appliances. So, when there is no motion in the room for some time, the lights can go off. Also, ambient light detection is the feature that allows the lighting to get dimmer or brighter as the day/night passes.
- There is the ability to set a schedule: With Cync smart switches, you can automate your lights to turn on and off at a specific time. This ability helps with saving energy costs and adds more convenience.
- You can control them without a hub: Unlike many other smart products, Cync smart switches don’t need a hub to control them. This is an outstanding feature for people who haven’t set up a fully smart home but want to use smart switches and bulbs.
Smart Switches are one of the most important parts of a Smart Home, and it is often one of the things people get when they want to have a taste of the smart movement. GE Cync works with all Google Homes, Apple, Alexa, and Samsung SmartThings so that you will have no problem.