HomeKit links all smart home products together so that they can all work in sync. It makes it possible to control and manage your smart home products using their respective apps on your phone or laptop. With many companies wading in to provide their versions on the HomeKit, many Eufy users are asking if Eufy cameras work with HomeKit.
Eufy cameras work with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit. Using your smartphone, you can use the Eufy camera with the Home app to control all your smart home devices. However, the HomeKit is only available on certain Eufy camera models.
If you want to control your home security yourself without having to break the bank, a Eufy camera is your ideal choice. Eufy cameras are budget-friendly and do not require monthly membership fees or payments for cloud storage. In this article, you will learn how to set up HomeKit for your Eufy camera, what features you can use on HomeKit for your Eufy devices, and much more.
Which Eufy Cameras are Compatible with HomeKit?
There are specific Eufy cameras that are compatible with HomeKit. They are as follows:
- Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt 2K
- Indoor Cam 2K
- EufyCam 2/2 Pro
- EufyCam 2C
Check out this article if you would like to learn more about Eufy camera compatibilities. Now, let’s move on to how you can set up your Eufy camera on Home Base.
How to Set Up Your Eufy Camera on HomeBase 2
To set the Eufy camera up on your HomeBase 2, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on the HomeBase and connect it to your internet. You can do this by using the Ethernet cable that came with the Eufycam.
- After about a minute, the LED indicator will turn white, showing that the HomeBase is ready for setup.
- Get the Eufy security app on your phone by downloading it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Sign up and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
- Place your Eufy camera near the HomeBase 2.
- Long-press the SYNC button on your Eufycam for about 2 seconds until you hear a beep.
- The camera will wait for a sound wave communication from the HomeBase 2.
- Long-press the SYNC/ALARM OFF button on the HomeBase 2, you will hear a sound wave. This sound wave indicates that the HomeBase 2 can now transmit to the Eufycam.
- Wait for about 30 seconds for the Eufy security camera to sync. This is prompted by a voice that says, “Device was successfully added.”
When these steps are finished, you have successfully set up your Eufy camera on HomeBase 2.
How to Reset Your HomeKit Enabled EufyCam
You can reset your EufyCam by following the simple steps below:
- For EufyCam 2 Series, long-press the SYNC button for about 10 seconds.
- Factory reset the HomeBase 2 by pressing the CYCLE hole just above the SYNC button at the back of your HomeBase 2.
- You will hear “HomeBase Resetting” when it has been successful.
If you use the indoor EufyCam series, press the SYNC button located at the back of your device for 10 seconds. When you hear two beeps, you have successfully reset the device.
What Features Can I Use on HomeKit for Eufy Security Devices?
When you sync your Eufycam to the HomeKit, you will be able to perform a lot of functions but not quite all. Here are a few features you can use on the HomeKit:
- Live Stream: You can watch and enjoy live streaming of feed from your Indoor cam if you have the iOS Home App.
- Night Vision: This feature makes it possible to get both black and white images at night.
- Snapshot: You will receive snapshot updates every 10 seconds whenever the camera detects motion on your porch.
- Cameras: The HomeKit has four cameras available, making taking pictures and videos better with higher resolutions.
- Alert: You can receive notifications with a snapshot.
- Voice Command: The HomeKit also enables Siri on your iPhone, Apple Watch, HomePod, or Mac for the indoor control of your indoor cam.
- HomeKit Security Video: You can also customize video recordings, storage, sharing options, and other features from the HomeKit.
However, whenever you want to enable the HomeKit on your Eufycam, whether it’s the Eufycam 2 Series, Indoor Cam 2K Series, or any of the other HomeKit compatible Eufy cameras, ensure that you obey Apple guidelines.
Most Eufy cameras work with HomeKit and provide users with more convenient ways of keeping track of their home security even when they are away. In addition, the EufyCam series are compatible with Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa, making it possible for you to use voice commands to be abreast of your safety.
While not all Eufy products are compatible with the HomeKit, this article pointed out the ones and provided guidelines to set up the HomeKit yourself at home. If you face any challenges while doing this, do not hesitate to contact Eufy customer support for professional assistance.