Having your Arlo camera record audio along with the video can give you an understanding of what is going on. You may believe that since your camera can detect sound, it is also able to record audio as well.
Do Arlo cameras record audio? Arlo Pro and wired cameras are the only Arlo cameras that record audio. Although, the audio that is recorded is only being recorded on the side of the camera. Those sounds who are on the other end of the camera are not going to be recorded.
Arlo security cameras have a give and take with the audio recording feature. The other Arlo wire-free cameras can only record video with no audio. The Arlo Pro cameras have to have the right setup that you need to start recording audio.
The Arlo Cameras That Can Record Audio
If you find that the audio detection mostly picks up and records sounds that you do not care about, you can fix that. You can change the audio sensitivity on your Arlo camera if the audio detection tries to catch everything.
- Tap on the Arlo app and log in to your Arlo account.
- Tap on the Mode button.
- Next, tap on the Arlo camera that you want to change the audio sensitivity on.
- When you go to change the audio sensitivity of an Arlo Pro camera, tap on the base station that is paired to the camera whose audio sensitivity you want to change.
- Once you have selected the camera, tap the pencil button that is sitting next to the mode that you want to change the audio sensitivity for.
- Then, tap the pencil button that sits next to the audio trigger.
- Move the sensitivity level for the audio detection feature using the slider.
- You can now Save your settings and that is all.
An Arlo Pro 2 camera can record audio along with video and it does so by using the Hub station. The cameras can send the recorded video and audio to both the cloud storage and the USB local storage on the Hub.
Your two-way audio feature can help you in recording what you need to hear. You just have to learn how to use it.
If you can’t access the app, you’ll need to be connected to the internet first. The Arlo without internet is tough.
Arlo Camera Two-Way Audio Feature
The Two-way audio feature can come in handy when you need to get to someone. The following Arlo cameras allow two-way audio and audio recording between cameras and computers or mobile devices.
- Arlo Pro
- Arlo Pro 2
- Arlo Q Plus
- Arlo Q
- Arlo Baby
You can use the push-to-talk feature to speak from either your smartphone or computer that you are using to look through your camera. This allows you to speak them in real-time at any moment.
If you have an Arlo security camera that does not have a microphone, then you cannot initiate the push-to-talk feature.
Here are the steps needed to use this feature:
- Open the Arlo app and log in to your account.
- On your home page, tap and open up your camera’s live feed.
- The Microphone button should be visible.
- Next, just press and hold the Microphone button to start speaking.
- It works just like a walkie-talkie. So, until you release the button, you will not be able to hear any sounds from the camera.
If you are recording your audio or video, Arlo keeps these recording on your cloud for either:
- 7 days (Basic Plan)
- 30 days (Premier Plan)
- 60 days (Elite Plan)
These three storage plans will depend on which cloud service you have with them. To get these recordings off of your cloud, you can store them on a USB or transfer them to a computer.
So, how do you turn off the sound on your cameras if you choose not to want to hear anything or to give your guests some privacy? There is a way to turn off your microphone and turn it back on when you need it.
How Do You Disable the Sound On Arlo Cameras?
If you wish to turn off the audio recording feature, there is a way to do so. You can disable this setting by doing the following:
- Open up your Arlo app and go to the Settings button at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Once you have opened up the settings, tap on the tab My Devices.
- You can pick which camera you want to change if you have more than one device.
- After you have touched the device you want to change, scroll down the page to Audio Settings.
- Next to the Microphone tab, turn the switch Off. You can also turn the speaker off or lower and raise the volume on the speaker.
Once you have disabled the microphone or the speaker through the app, it will cancel the two-way audio feature.