Can You Use Zoom on Echo Show 10?
The Echo Show 10 is one of the newest smart tablets from Amazon. It makes video calling, streaming, and browsing the internet from anywhere in your home easy and even features auto-framing technology to move the camera around the room with you. Because of its advanced features, many people wonder if you can use Zoom on Echo Show 10.
You can use Zoom on the Echo Show 10 if you have the third generation. You can even start your meetings by saying voice commands such as “Alexa, join my Zoom meeting!” Any Zoom user can access this feature, even without a Zoom account.
You can also use Zoom on the Echo Show 8, but not other versions. Below, we’ll discuss more information on using Zoom on this device. Keep reading to learn how to set up Zoom with your Echo Show 10!
How to Use Zoom with the Echo Show 10
Before you start setting up Zoom on your device, you’ll have to ensure you have the third generation Echo Show 10. Since this is a relatively new feature, older generations will not be as compatible with Zoom technology. You will also have to set your Alexa language to US English. Once you have verified and done this, follow the steps below to start using Zoom:
- Download the Alexa app onto your smartphone. Sign in to the app with your Amazon account
- Connect your calendar to the Alexa app (this isn’t mandatory)
- Set up your Echo Show device under the same account you use for the Alexa app on your smartphone
- Download Zoom on your Echo Show and log in
If you choose to link your calendar, be aware that a copy of this calendar will be stored in the cloud. Therefore, its content will be available to anyone who has access to your Alexa devices. It’s beneficial because then you could use the voice command to start a meeting. Here’s how to link your calendar:
- To start, open the Alexa app, tap “More,” and then “Settings”
- Once you’re on the Settings screen, tap “Calendar & Email,” then select the account you want to connect.
- Finally, choose “Connect Account” and follow the steps to link your calendar.
If you have multiple calendars that you’d like to sync, then just repeat this process for each calendar. If you do not want other users to access this, consider opting out of calendar linking. The features will still work, but you will not be able to use voice commands to join meetings.
Your linked calendars will also be connected to your Google Calendar by default. If there are any calendars linked to your Alexa app that you won’t use to join meetings, disable them to help keep this clear and uncluttered.
Benefits of Using Zoom on Echo Show 10
The Echo Show 10 is an amazing device hooked up with Alexa and has dozens of functions. One of them is using Zoom on the platform. Zoom quickly became one of the most popular apps to make video calls, especially because the program can be accessed via many other platforms. Some of the benefits of using Zoom on the Echo Show 10 are:
- You don’t need to sign up for any additional accounts. You should already have an Amazon account and the Alexa app. Zoom doesn’t require you to create an account.
- It can be entirely hands-free. Once the Zoom app is installed on your Echo Show 10, you can even complete the setup by saying “Hey Alexa, open the Zoom app.” From there, if your calendar is synced, you can say, “Hey Alexa, join my Zoom meeting.”
- You can configure Zoom Rooms with Alexa. It is a somewhat lengthy process, but you can do all of this with some prerequisites and an Alexa for Business account.
- The screen rotates and tracks you. This is a fantastic addition to the Echo Show 10 whether you’re cooking dinner while on a call or giving a presentation while standing. You won’t have to worry about getting too far out of the shot.
Overall, there are many more benefits than disadvantages to making calls via Zoom on your Echo Show 10 than other devices. There are unfortunately some drawbacks, as with any device.
Cons of Using Zoom on Echo Show 10
Even though using Zoom on the Echo Show 10 is a fantastic feature, there are some drawbacks you should consider before making this your primary device to make Zoom calls on.
- You can’t use headphones. While the majority of devices that can use Zoom can use headphones for privacy, you can’t use them on the Echo Show 10 with Zoom.
- Only US English customers can use Zoom on the Echo Show 10. Other devices allow for Zoom to be used in other countries and languages.
As long as you have the third generation of the Echo Show 10, you will be happy to hear that you can make Zoom calls and hold virtual meetings with your device. To use Alexa voice commands with Zoom, you will need first to link your preferred digital calendar to the Alexa app.
Once both devices are signed in under the same email, you can say “Alexa, join my meeting” to join any pre-scheduled Zoom meetings on your Echo Show 10.