By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A NordicTrack bike is a great investment for anyone looking to work out and improve their health at home. This bike comes with health fitness tracking capabilities, the IFit app, and different resistances for training. You may be someone who wants to use the bike without their app and is wondering can you use the Peloton App with the NordicTrack bike?
Yes, you can use the Peloton App with the NordicTrack bike. Although it will not sync directly to the bike, you can exercise in freestyle mode. Freestyle mode allows you to track your general process on the bike while you follow an exercise program on a different screen.
Now that you know you can use the Peloton App with the NordicTrack bike, read on to learn how to set it up, the different resistance conversions based on bike type, and why using the Peloton App can be beneficial.
Set Up Your Peloton App With NordicTrack
Before you hop on the NordicTrack bike, you need to set it up so that you can use your app while also tracking your progress on the bike. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your NordicTrack bike.
- Open the Peloton App on your phone.
- Place your phone somewhere secure where it is easily visible.
- Press the start button.
- Start pedaling!
The bike will automatically begin calculating your workout in manual mode if you simply press start.
Although it will not track your heart rate, you can use a Fitbit, Strava, or another smartwatch to record that health information.
Convert Peloton to NordicTrack Resistance
To get the most out of your workout; you need to be able to convert the Peloton resistance to the NordicTrack resistance. Both measurements are not the same and are dependent on the type of NordicTrack bike you have purchased. Below we have detailed the exact calculation to make your life easier.
The NordicTrack S15i uses low resistance numbers compared to Peloton’s higher numbers. In order to convert them when working out follow this chart:
Another popular bike by NordicTrack is the S22i. This bike has a similar chart, but the resistance for each increment is slightly wider in range. View the chart below to convert your workout properly:
Perks of the Peloton App
The Peloton app is a popular app used with stationary bike enthusiasts. This is because the app offers a lot of advantages for the user. Some of the key reasons people choose to use this app even if they don’t own the Peloton workout bike are:
- The app offers thousands of on-demand workouts.
- New workouts are added daily.
- It tracks which workouts you’ve completed and which ones you are yet to try.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- You can use the search function to easily filter your workout choice by length, instructor, and type.
- It offers ten different types of classes, so you never get bored.
There are plenty more reasons why people choose to use NordicTrack products instead of Peloton, but some people choose to use the Peloton App with other equipment because they enjoy the classes.
Cons of the Peloton App
The Peloton app has a lot of great functions, but it also has some downfalls. No app is ever perfect, and we have highlighted some of the parts that aren’t so amazing for your benefit here:
- You need to understand the Peloton slang and jargon. For example, if you didn’t listen to their tutorial, you won’t realize that they use the term “cadence” instead of “speed” which can mess up your whole workout.
- You can’t track how much time you have left for the workout you are partaking in. This can prevent people from being motivated while working out to hang in there just a little longer.
- You can’t stream the app from your phone to your TV with a click of a button. You need to download the Peloton app on your smart tv to get it to pop up there.
- It doesn’t guide you on the proper form, which can cause a safety issue. People who are working out for the first time can hurt themselves if they do not know the proper form, which can be a detriment in and of itself.
Cost of The Peloton App
Now that you have a good idea of how to use the Peloton app with your NordicTrack bike, you may be tempted to go and download it right away. Not so fast! You need to be aware that you must sign up for an account and pay a monthly subscription fee to use the Peloton app. This fee is typical $19.49 per month. If you are ready to invest, then download and go!
The NordicTrack Bike is Versatile
The NordicTrack bike is a great option for anyone who wants to work out at home and increase their health. It is technologically friendly, of great quality, and average price. This bike has the whole package for any health enthusiast.