Can You Use an Insignia Smart TV Without a Remote?
A smart TV is the best way to give your home that modern touch. It also gives you a lot more features for clear and comfortable viewing and more. The problem is, this new device does not seem to have as many buttons as dated TVs, so if your remote is missing or the batteries are dead, is it useless?
Your Insignia Smart TV manual button options vary from model to model but every model has a power button to enable you turn the television on and off. This button can be found either at the back or under the flap.
Keep reading to find out more about how to use your Insignia TV remote.
How to Use Your Insignia TV Without a Remote
When you can’t find a remote, you can use four other options and we’d be exploring these steps.
Like we said, there are buttons on the panel of the Insignia television and even though the range of buttons vary, you should be able to at least turn your TV on/off with those available buttons.
Most Insignia smart TVs have the button located at the back of the device so you just need to tilt your TV a little to see what each button does. If your television is mounted on the wall, this might be a little difficult but you can press all of them, one at a time to see what they do!
Purchase a New Remote or Buy New Batteries
Insignia’s new models/technological advancements have made it extremely difficult to control your television manually and even if you have a device that has many buttons on it.
That is definitely going to be a hassle in the long term if you have to stand up every single time to increase the volume so you might as well buy a new remote or replace the batteries (if batteries are the problem) of the old one as soon as possible.
Insignia stores around you might sell remote replacements and all you have to do is make sure you know what model you have so that you pick up the right remote.
A Universal Remote
If you are unable to get a replacement remote or simply don’t want to, you can opt for a universal remote instead.
These remotes work with almost every television and don’t even require any linking process. More so, universal remotes can be found in any store that sells electronics near you or even on Amazon, find below, a link to an amazing remote.
Remote Control Apps
Nowadays, on android and iOS devices, there are now apps that can work as universal remotes for smart televisions. The phones are built in with sensors that are able to control your TV.
You can just go through your Google Play Store or App Store and download a TV remote app. You might need to go through a few apps to find the one that’s just right for you!
How to Fix a Faulty Insignia Smart TV Remote
Oftentimes, your Insignia remote can have an issue that even you can fix so here are tips to try before heading out to buy a brand new remote:
- No clear line between the television sensor and your remote: Remotes work when you can send an IR signal from the remote to the IR sensor of the television. If the remote is at a far distance or is blocked by anything, the remote may be seen to be faulty.
- Reboot your Television: When remotes don’t work, in some instances, the problem isn’t the remote but the television. One can simply turn the TV off for 2 seconds and remove the batteries of the remote as well. After two minutes, the batteries can be reinstalled and the TV powered.
- Power Cycle the Remote: You can do this by taking out the batteries, pressing the power button down for 30 seconds then pressing every other button down multiple times, including the trackpad.
- Re-pair your remote to the TV: This doesn’t mean repair but re-pair as in, pair again. Most smart TVs need you to pair your remote. This can be done by pressing and holding the home button until the TV gives you a prompt that it has been paired.
- 3 button reboot: If repairing your remote doesn’t work, you can try the three button reboot. Here, you have to hold the left button, back button and home button at the same time. Hold down for 30 seconds and then let go.
Now you know about using your Insignia TV without a remote.
TV is a part of our everyday life and remote trouble can be quite frustrating. You’d feel like doing everything you can to make sure you fix it! We hope this article helps you do so.
If you would like to learn about connecting Facebook to your Smart TV, check out this article.