Can You Use a Vizio Soundbar on a Toshiba TV?
A soundbar is an integral part of any home entertainment system, and Vizio makes a great one. When people start building out their home entertainment systems, they just assume it will all work well together. The problem is that some brands have systems in place that allow for easy connection with that company’s other products, but not necessarily others. Toshiba and Vizio are no different since they obviously want you to buy all of the products that they have available.
The good news is that Vizio soundbars will connect quite easily with Toshiba televisions. Furthermore, there are multiple ways to connect the two devices together, which eliminates the possibility of them not working together.
To see which method works the best for your situation, continue reading below!
What is the Best Option to Connect Vizio Soundbar to Toshiba TV?
The absolute best option to connect the two devices is the simplest, but it is also the best sounding. HDMI ARC cables provide the highest quality audio with only one plug, and the best part is that even the most inexpensive soundbars Vizio makes include HDMI ports.
It is a very simple process to connect your Vizio Soundbar to a Toshiba TV:
- Connect the HDMI to the ‘TO TV’ port on the backside of the Vizio soundbar.
- Then, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the ‘ARC HDMI In’ port on your Toshiba television.
- Power on both devices, starting with the soundbar, and you should be all set.
What’s the Second Best Option?
The second-best option involves using an optical cable. These cables were the standard for sound quality for a long time until the HDMI cable replaced it. The process is just as easy, but one thing to mention, you have to be more careful with optical cables because they tend to be a little more fragile and can snap if strained too much.
- Connect one end (either side) of the optical cable to the ‘Optical Digital Out’ port on the Toshiba television.
- Connect the opposite end of the cable to the Vizio soundbar.
- This should be the last step, but there is a chance that you will have to select the audio output as ‘Optical’ or sometimes referred to as SPDIF, on the television menu.
This method is not as good as the HDMI option because it adds another cable to your setup, which is never fun to deal with. On the other hand, the sound quality they provide is good enough to not necessarily have to run out and get an HDMI if you already have an optical laying around your house.
Are There Any Wireless Options to Connect Vizio Soundbar to a Toshiba TV?
Depending on when your television and soundbar were made, you can find wireless options for connecting a Vizio Soundbar to a Toshiba TV.
Bluetooth is available on most of the more recent devices. Keep in mind that although Bluetooth has gotten much better in the last few years, you will be more likely to have the sound cut out. Also, they may randomly need to be reconnected in the event of software updates to the devices. It is not common, but it is a possibility.
- Since Vizio typically has a Bluetooth button on the device, you just have to press and hold the button for 5 seconds to enter it into pairing mode.
- Find either the Setup or System menu on the Toshiba television and select the ‘Sound’ option.
- Then, choose ‘Audio Link’ and look for your Vizio soundbar in the list of available devices.
There are also devices that make any television Bluetooth compatible, but they typically cost more than a decent quality HDMI cable and, quite frankly, do not sound as good. If your television does not have Bluetooth but does have one of the previous options listed, it is a sign to go for a better connection.
Is HDMI Connection an Option for Connecting Vizio Soundbar to a Toshiba TV?
There is always the option to use a standard auxiliary cable. This option would not be the first choice of anyone because of how outdated it is. If you are already going to have a cable connecting the two devices, it really should be an HDMI or an optical.
Auxiliary cables are not digital and are not upgradable to the newest standards like HDMI cables are. But, if this is your only available option, then go for it!
- Simply plug one end into the ‘AUX’ jack on the back of the Vizio soundbar.
- Then, plug the other end of the cable to the audio out on the back of the Toshiba television.
After this, you may have to go into the settings again and choose ‘AUX’ as your audio output, but the television should do this part for you in the background. It cannot be stressed enough, if any of the other options are available, choose those. Any one of which will give you substantially better sound quality than an auxiliary cable.
While most companies would prefer you to buy their entire suite of products, it does not mean that you cannot mix and match, as well. This makes perfect sense when creating a home entertainment system on a smaller budget. You can mix the sound quality of a Vizio soundbar with the generally great picture quality of a Toshiba television and have a great home theater experience.