Can You Stream Xfinity On Roku?
No one enjoys paying for a cable box anymore. They are expensive and take up a lot of space. Additionally, they tend to freeze and stop working half the time. It can be extremely frustrating. Many people consider canceling cable altogether due to this. Other people turn to alternative options. Still, the third group of people wonders, can you stream Xfinity on Roku?
You can stream Xfinity on Roku. You can download the Xfinity Stream Beta app on the Roku app store. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you need to log in and enjoy watching your favorite shows on cable TV.
If you have not heard about this app, and have not downloaded it before, do not fret. Instead, keep reading to find out how to get the Xfinity app onto the Roku, how to operate it, and some troubleshooting tips.
Determine Roku Compatibility
The first step before you go and run to download this app onto your Roku is to check to ensure your device is up to date and compatible. Older Roku devices do not have the capabilities to use the Xfinity streaming beta app. There are plenty of newer Rokus that can use the app, though. Here is a table of options to help you decide which Roku TV or stick.
|Roku Device||Compatible Models|
|TV||AOOOX, COOOX, DOOOX, EOOOX, GOOOX, 5OOOX, 6OOOX, 7OOOX, 8OOOX|
|Media Player||Roku Ultra LT, Roku Express, Express+, Express 4K and 4K+, Premiere, Premiere+, 2, 3, and 4|
|Streaming Stick||Streaming Stick, Streaming Stick+, Streaming Stick 4K and 4K+|
If you have any of these Roku models then you will be able to stream using the new Xfinity Streaming Beta app. If you do not have one of the listed Roku options, you will need to buy one from the list above to get the amazing features this application offers.
Time to Download
Now that you have a proper streaming device, it is time to download the app to start streaming Xfinity cable services without a cable box. If you have downloaded an app to your device before, you will be familiar with the overall process. If not, follow these easy steps to get it done:
- Turn on your TV and ensure WiFi is connected
- Go to the app store
- In the search bar, search the term ‘Xfinity’
- Select Xfinity Streaming Beta and click install/download
- Open the app after installation and log in
This will add the app to your home screen on the Roku. It is currently an app with a black background, white font, and red accents, similar to the Xfinity logo. If you do not like where it is placed on the home screen, you can always rearrange your apps so they fit your needs and preferences.
If you find your remote isn’t working properly during the setup, don’t worry, there are some quick fixes unique to Roku remotes.
Using the Xfinity Streaming Beta App
The first time you open the Xfinity Streaming Beta app, you will need to log in to your account. It is the same login that you use to log in to see your billing or account settings. After you have logged in, you can access different types of content on the Xfinity app. This content includes:
- Over 250 live TV channels
- Movies, both paid and free
- Popular kids channels
- TV Guide to show what is on now and what will be on in the future
The app does not include some adult channels or pay-per-view listings. These can only be accessed through the typical Xfinity cable box setup. All of the most popular functions are available on the app, making it convenient to watch your favorite shows and movies at home or on the go through a smartphone or tablet.
This app is operated with a remote, just like any other streaming app. A user can conduct searches, search by channel, search by genre, and much more. The ease of use makes it vastly popular, and the app has no fee. If you subscribe and pay Xfinity monthly, you can access this application.
Sometimes technology acts up even on its good days. This can also occur with the Xfinity Streaming Beta app. It can be frustrating when this happens. Instead of panicking or getting annoyed, follow some of these tips to get your app working again.
- Turn the Roku device off, wait five minutes, then turn it back on. This will refresh the system and hopefully get the app working again.
- Update firmware. Firmware is regularly repaired and patched on TVs, apps, and streaming devices. If you do not update it, it can malfunction and stop working.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app. Sometimes the app itself is the cause of the issue. If something happens during its download, it may be missing key files to run properly.
- Replace the Roku. Your Roku may be too old to handle the software. If this is the case, it may be time to buy a newer version.
- Call Xfinity. Sometimes Xfinity does not allow this service with the plan you have signed up for. This can result in needing to upgrade service with them. An agent can guide you through this process.
These tricks will almost always fix the problem. They are relatively simple and DIY, too, to make it easier. They are also not listed in a manual.
Get Your Stream On
Xfinity Streaming Beta is a great way to watch all the shows you pay for on an app. It removes the bulky boxes and extra wires and brings technology to your TV. The app works smoothly and is a great way to enjoy your favorite shows any day at the click of a button.