GoFundMe is one of the best fundraising platforms in America. If you are new to GoFundMe, you should know that you can share your fundraising link across many platforms. But can you share your GoFundMe on Instagram as well?
You can share a GoFundMe link on an Instagram story, caption, or profile. All you need to do is copy the fundraiser’s sharing link and paste it into your preferred place on Instagram.
Below, we’ll discuss how you can easily raise funds on any social media platform, including Instagram. Keep reading to learn how to share a GoFundMe link on Instagram!
You can share a GoFundMe on Instagram the same way you would on other social media platforms.
You could place the link in your Instagram bio, or add it to your Instagram story or a post caption.
Sharing a GoFundMe fundraiser on Instagram is simple.
All you need to do is copy the invite link. Then, you can paste it anywhere links are allowed on the platform.
Below, we’ll walk you through the steps required to share a GoFundMe on Instagram.
As earlier stated, sharing a GoFundMe on Instagram is simple. All you need is a GoFundMe link and an Instagram account.
The GoFundMe sharing link is what you will use to invite people to donate. To find it, here’s what you need to do:
- Sign up on the GoFundMe platform.
- Click on the search button.
- Enter the name or location of the fundraiser whose link you want to share.
- Open the fundraiser’s page.
- Click “Share.”
Now, you can copy the link and share it by email, text, or even on social media.
This link will take your followers directly to the GoFundMe page, where they will be able to donate.
How to Share a GoFundMe on Instagram
Below, we’ll discuss how to post a link in all three places and get the donations coming in!
How to Place a GoFundMe Link in Your Instagram Bio
Placing a GoFundMe link in your Instagram bio ensures the fundraiser is always available for followers to click.
Someone can click on your profile, then follow the link to donate any time they’d like.
Follow these steps to add a GoFundMe link to your Instagram bio:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Press “Edit Profile.”
- Add the link under the “Website” section of your bio.
- Tap the checkmark on the top right of your screen to save your changes.
Now, followers who click on your profile will always find your fundraiser.
Instagram stories are accessible to everyone, as long as your profile is public.
Because more people see Instagram stories than any other type of Instagram content, this method will likely yield faster and more favorable results.
Follow these steps to share a fundraising link on your Instagram story:
- Open Instagram.
- Press the plus icon at the top right corner.
- Select “Story.”
- Pick a photo or video that will serve as the background to your link.
- Select the Sticker tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Link sticker.
- Paste the link.
- Adjust the link’s position on your picture or video.
- Press the arrow button to share your story.
How to Share a GoFundMe Link on an Instagram Post
Clickable links aren’t allowed in Instagram posts unless you’re running a paid advertisement.
However, you can still share your link in a caption. Here’s how to do that:
- Click on the Plus icon at the top of your screen.
- Tap on “Post.”
- Select the picture or video you want to upload. Then, press “Next.”
- Paste the GoFundMe link in the caption slot.
- Tap “Share.”
The Bottom Line
Anyone can share a GoFundMe on their Instagram page, whether in their bio, as a story, or as part of a caption.
All you need to do is copy the link from your GoFundMe page and paste it wherever you like on Instagram.
Sharing GoFundMe links on Instagram is a great way to get extra donations. Just be sure to follow the correct process to expand your fundraiser’s reach!