Can You Pair Nest Audio With Bose?
By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Nest Audio may just be your favorite new smart home device as it has so many fantastic features. You can listen to your favorite audio entertainment, get caught up on the news or sports scores, and you can even control your entire smart home system including thermostats, lighting, televisions, and your security alarms, but you may be wondering, can you pair Nest Audio with Bose?
You can pair Nest Audio with Bose. All you need to do is connect the two via Bluetooth on the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet. From there, you can use voice commands to control whatever you are listening to!
The Nest Audio does offer a fairly impressive speaker, however, it’s not quite as powerful as some of the models Bose is offering. So if you want to enjoy your favorite music, podcasts, audiobooks, and more on a Bose speaker through the Nest Audio, we are going to step through the directions of how to connect the two right now!
How to Pair Nest Audio with Bose
Now that you know that the Nest Audio can certainly pair with Bose, you’ll be excited to learn that connecting your Nest Audio with any Bose speaker couldn’t be easier! But before we get started, it’s important to note that the Bose speaker needs to have Bluetooth connectability.
If you have established that your Bose speaker does have a Bluetooth option, simply follow the instructions below:
- Turn on the Bluetooth on the Bose speaker.
- Press the PAIRING button on the speaker to enable pairing mode.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Select the Nest Audio you wish to connect.
- Click SETTINGS, then tap AUDIO.
- If you have not yet enabled the pairing mode, select PAIRED BLUETOOTH DEVICES, then ENABLE PAIRING MODE.
- Return to AUDIO.
- Select PAIR BLUETOOTH SPEAKER.
- The Bose speaker should appear on the list of available connections, select it and click DONE.
Now, whatever you command your Nest Audio to play, either through voice commands or through the Google Home app, will be played through your Bose speaker!
Although this process is quite simple, there are a few troubleshooting problems you could encounter, so let’s learn what you can do to fix any possible issues that may arise.
Nest Audio Won’t Pair with Bose Speaker
If for some reason you can’t seem to get these two devices to pair via Bluetooth, don’t worry, there are a few simple solutions you can try so you can start enjoying the Nest Audio through the Bose speaker in no time.
- Your Bose speaker doesn’t support Bluetooth. As silly as it sounds, if you cannot find the Bluetooth button on your Bose speaker, it simply may not have the capability to connect wirelessly.
- The Nest Audio and Bose speakers are not connected to the same WiFi network. You may be having trouble connecting either one or both of the devices to your home wireless network, if this is the case, we recommend unplugging your router to reboot it. From there, you need to ensure that both speakers are within thirty feet of the router and that there is no interference such as thick cement walls, baby monitors, or even microwaves.
- Your Bose speaker is already connected via Bluetooth to another device. Unfortunately, the speaker can only connect to one device at a time, so you will need to disconnect it from your phone, television, laptop, or tablet in order to allow it to pair with the Nest Audio.
Hopefully, you have now sorted out the issue and you can return to the directions listed above to connect your Bose speaker with the Nest Audio!
If you are still having trouble, you may need to reset both the Bose speaker and the Nest Audio by unplugging them for several minutes before plugging them back in and letting them reboot.
How to Play Audio Entertainment through the Nest Audio to a Bose Speaker
Once you have successfully paired your Nest Audio and Bose speaker, you can easily play all your favorite audio entertainment by either using the Google Home app or voice commands directed at the Google Assistant built in to your Nest Audio.
Google has provided several pages of helpful commands that will allow you to play a song, album or artist, as well as change the music or podcast, turn the volume up or down, or even play audiobooks through the Google Play Books app.
So, can you pair Nest Audio with Bose? Absolutely you can!
And the process of pairing the two is really quite simple, all you need to do is enable Bluetooth pairing mode on both devices and open the Google Home app to connect them!
With all the amazing features that the Nest Audio provides, sometimes it’s just not quite loud enough, so connecting it to your Bose speaker will enable you to have the best of both worlds, a responsive Google Assistant on a powerful speaker.