The VTech brand of video baby monitors is wide-ranging in styles and models. All parent unit displays allow parents to carry the parent unit display around with them and not require them to be tethered to a power outlet all the time. Sometimes you might not be in a situation to have the volume up on a baby monitor, so can you mute a VTech baby monitor?
You can mute a VTech baby monitor by turning the volume all the way down. This will initialize the mute. It is possible to mute your VTech baby unit camera via the VTech mobile phone app. The VTech mobile app only works if your baby monitor system is being used in router mode.
It is possible to mute the volume on all models of VTech baby monitors. When the baby unit camera detects sound in the baby’s room, it will usually chime or give an audio alert and turn on the video. If the baby unit camera is muted, the audio alert or chime will not sound. The parent unit display will turn the video on but leave the audio off if there is an alert.
How to Mute Your VTech Baby Monitor
It is as easy as turning the volume down if you want to mute any baby unit camera in your VTech video baby monitor system. Using the volume buttons and turning the speaker volume all the way down initializes the mute function on VTech Baby Monitors.
- Use the VOL – / VOL + buttons on the parent unit display to adjust the speaker volume
- When you turn the volume all the way down, it will mute the baby monitor’s volume
- The video will still be active, but there will be no more audio alerts if the baby unit camera triggers a sound
It should be noted that although the baby monitor is muted, the video will still come on if the baby unit camera triggers a sound alert. The sound alert will not play on the parent unit display, but the video feed will come on.
Also remember, while taking your VTech monitor around the house, even if you mute it, it might have to stay plugged in.
How to Mute Your VTech Baby Monitor In the VTech App
If you have decided to use your VTech baby monitor system in router mode, you can use the VTech app to monitor your baby monitor cameras remotely over the internet. It is also possible to mute the volume while viewing your cameras over the VTech app.
Mute VTech Baby Monitor Cameras Via the VTech App
- Open the VTech baby monitoring app on your mobile device
- Go to the live stream of the camera you want to mute
- Press the Mute icon in the lower-left corner of the menu bar (it looks like a small speaker)
- The selected baby unit camera will now be muted, indicated by a line through the speaker on the icon in the lower-left corner of the screen of the menu bar
- To unmute the baby unit camera, just press the mute icon another time, and the icon should switch from a speaker with a line through it to just a speaker indicating the volume is now unmuted
How to Put Your VTech Video Baby Monitor System Into Router Mode
Router mode allows your VTech video baby monitor system to access the internet. It also allows the use of the VTech mobile app to monitor your cameras remotely over the internet. If you want to be able to mute and unmute the cameras via the app, your system must be in router mode.
The default mode for VTech video baby monitors is a direct WiFi mode that allows the parent unit display to communicate directly to the baby unit camera without needing the internet or a local WiFi router. Router mode connects the system to a local WiFi network via your local router.
- Press the Menu / Select button on the parent unit display
- Using the right and left arrows – Select General Settings
- Using the up and down arrows – Select Configure WiFi
- Using the up and down arrows – Select your local WiFi network
- Press the Menu / Select button to choose your local WiFi network
- Using all four directional arrows, enter the password for your local WiFi network pressing the Menu / Select button to choose a particular letter or symbol
- Once you have entered your password, highlight DONE
- Press the Menu / Select button to confirm done
- Your VTech video baby monitor parent unit should now be in router mode
Sometimes a parent’s life can get hectic, and while monitoring your baby through your video baby monitoring system, you only want video and don’t want the volume up. It is possible to mute the audio from your video baby monitor system and keep an eye on your little one with only video and no auditory alerts.