When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Having multiple smart devices in your home used to mean multiple remotes and a confusing home entertainment system, but these days, companies are working hard to make each of these appliances compatible with each other, no matter who made them. So you may be wondering, with all this new and exciting technology, can you connect Nest Audio to Apple TV?
You can connect the Nest Audio to Apple TV through Apple AirPlay. Once you have followed the instructions to connect the two, you will be able to stream your favorite music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple TV through the Nest Audio speaker with just a few voice commands.
If you want to learn how to connect your Nest Audio to your Apple TV, you have found just the article you are looking for! We are going to go through each of the steps needed to connect the two, as well as how to use voice commands to play your audio entertainment through Apple AirPlay through the Nest Audio.
There are two different options when it comes to connecting your Nest Audio to your Apple TV: via the Nest app or through a Bluetooth connection.
While the instructions for both variations are fairly simple, the Bluetooth option is much more common as most of us are quite accustomed to using Bluetooth connections.
However, we will still go through each option step by step so you have all the information you might need.
As you may know, connecting any two devices via Bluetooth is a pretty easy process.
To connect the Nest Audio to your Apple TV via Bluetooth, first and foremost, both the Apple TV and the Nest Audio will need to be connected to the same home wireless network.
From there, simply follow the instructions listed here:
- Open the Apple TV program.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS menu, then to the REMOTES AND DEVICES tab.
- Under the OTHER DEVICES menu, you will see the option for BLUETOOTH.
- If you have never connected the Nest Audio before, you will see its name or nickname under OTHER DEVICES.
Once you have clicked on the Nest Audio option, the two devices should be paired. Now, you can easily command your Nest Audio to play any audio entertainment available on your Apple TV!
Another way to connect your Nest Audio to the Apple TV is via the Nest App. Simply open your Apple TV system and log in to the app store.
From there, search for the Nest app and click to download it. Then, you will need to sign into your Google account on the app itself and follow the prompts to connect your Nest Audio.
That’s it! You should be connected. Obviously, connecting via Bluetooth is often easier and quicker as there is less to download and you don’t have to sign into any of your accounts, but it’s good to have all the information!
Although these instructions are quite simple, there is a chance that you could encounter a few problems when trying to connect your Nest Audio to your Apple TV.
- When trying to connect via Bluetooth, your Apple TV or Nest Audio may already be connected to another device. Unfortunately, even though Bluetooth is an easy way to connect two devices, each appliance can only connect to one device at a time, so you may need to disconnect before you can connect these two.
- Your Nest Audio and Apple TV are not connected to the same WiFi network. If for any reason one of the two devices is not connected to your home wireless network, you will not be able to connect the two on either the Nest app or through Bluetooth. If you are having trouble connecting, you may need to reboot your router and ensure there is no interference on the way to the devices.
While these are the two most common problems, it may also be that your systems are not up to date. You may need to run updates on both your Apple TV and Google Home app in order to ensure a successful connection.
You can definitely connect your Nest Audio smart home speaker to your Apple TV to enjoy limitless audio entertainment that you have already downloaded.
After following the instructions above and connecting the two devices, you can use either the Apple TV menu or voice commands to the Nest Audio to control your music, podcasts, audiobooks and more!
Just remember, if you are having trouble connecting them, you can attempt to solve the problem with the several troubleshooting options listed above.