Can You Connect Nest Audio to A Samsung TV?
Google Home is a smart personal assistant and home control hub which helps you control smart home devices, including your nest devices. You can link Google Home to Chromecast devices like your Samsung TV, enabling you to control it using voice commands. You can enjoy the convenience of enjoying your entertainment without leaving your couch to look for your remote.
You can connect your Google Assistant to your Samsung TV and use your Google Nest audio or home speakers to control your TV. After pairing, you can use voice commands to turn your TV on and off, change channels, adjust volume, or pause and play media.
In addition, you can control your Samsung TV using the Nest Hub display on a Google-powered smart speaker. Read on to find out what you need to link your Google Home to your TV and enjoy the convenience of using voice commands.
What Do I Need to Do to Connect My Samsung TV to The SmartThings App?
To connect your Samsung TV to the Google Home app, you should ensure that the TV has Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, or Chromecast built-in then set up your TV on the SmartThings app. You should download the Samsung SmartThings app on your smartphone and ensure that your smartphone is on the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast, speaker, or display.
You can get the SmartThings app on Android and iOS. After downloading the app, you should first sign in to your Samsung account before launching the SmartThings app. Set up your Samsung TV account following these steps:
- Set up a Samsung account on your TV
- Sign in to your account by clicking on settings, select general, select system manager, select Samsung account and log in
Once you have set up your Samsung account, launch the SmartThings app on your phone and connect your TV to the app. Ensure that you use the same Samsung account for your TV and SmartThings app.
How Do I Connect My TV to the SmartThings app?
After logging into your Samsung TV account, you should set up your TV on the SmartThings app. You can connect your SmartThings to a Samsung TV in the following steps:
- Open your SmartThings app
- On the top right corner, press the + button
- Click on ‘device’ and select TV from the list
- Click on Samsung, TV and click start
- Fill in a location and room or add a new location
- Switch on your TV
- Choose the device
- Enter the PIN appearing on your TV into your phone; press the select button to approve the connection if a pop-up appears.
Next, reset your TV, confirm that you can control the TV through the SmartThings app, and you are ready to link it to Google Home. If you would like to learn more about Nest Audio, check out this article.
How Do I Link My Google Home to Samsung TV?
Google Home is versatile, and you can connect it to other smart devices in your home, including your Samsung TV. If you want to enjoy the convenience of using voice commands, you should set up your Samsung TV to your Google Home:
- Download the Google Home app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and click on the + button
- Click set up ‘device.’
- Click on works with Google
- Scroll down the list and click on SmartThings. Alternatively, you can search SmartThings on the search icon.
- Click on sign in with your Samsung account. Sign in using the exact details you used to sign in to your SmartThings app.
Your TV appears automatically on your Google Home, and you can use Google Assistance to control it using your voice. In addition, you can control your TV with a Nest Hub using the on-screen buttons.
Which Google Voice Commands Can I Use on My Samsung TV?
You can use google voice commands to perform basic functions on your TV, including powering the TV on and off, switching channels, adjusting the volume, and controlling media. Examples of these Google commands are:
- To control power, “Okay Google, turn on the TV” and “Okay Google, turn off the TV.”
- To control the volume, “Hey Google, turn the volume up/down on the TV,” “Okay Google, turn down the volume on the TV to 20”, “Hey Google, mute/unmute the TV.”
- To control channels; “Hey Google, change the channel to 90 on TV”, “Okay Google, channel up on TV.”
- To change the input source, “Hey Google, change the TV input to HDMI2.”
- Playback control; “Hey Google, play next video/song on TV”, “Okay Google/pause/play/stop/resume video on TV”
Google Home helps you enjoy hands-free entertainment when watching your Samsung TV. You can control your TV’s basic functions from the comfort of your couch. Additionally, you do not need to worry about looking for misplaced or lost TV remotes.
You can connect your nest audio to your Samsung TV through Google Home and enjoy the convenience of voice commands on Google Assistant. You need to connect your TV’s Samsung account to Google Home using the SmartThings app.
Once connected, you can perform basic control functions such as switching the TV on and off, controlling the volume channels, changing input, and playback control.