Can You Connect AirPods to Westinghouse TV?
There are several instances when you may want to listen to audio from your television privately. Perhaps there’s a lot of noise in your living room, or maybe you’re trying to prevent yourself from waking someone up. Whatever the reason, many people wonder: can you connect AirPods to a Westinghouse TV?
Whether your Westinghouse TV comes with built-in Bluetooth capabilities or not, you can connect your AirPods to your television and listen to audio privately. If your TV is Bluetooth-enabled, all you have to do is pair your headphones. If not, you’ll need to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter.
Below, we’ll discuss the different ways you can listen to audio from your television through your Apple AirPods. Keep reading to learn more!
It is possible to connect your Apple AirPods to any Westinghouse television, whether it has Bluetooth capabilities or not. While it’s much easier to connect your AirPods to a Bluetooth-enabled television, it’s still possible to connect without these built-in capabilities.
If you have a Bluetooth-enabled Westinghouse TV, all you’ll have to do is pair your AirPods to the television. If not, you’ll need to purchase a separate Bluetooth transmitter.
As of right now, the only Westinghouse television models that offer built-in Bluetooth capabilities are those equipped with Roku TV technology. All other models, including Westinghouse’s own smart TVs, those with Android technology, and non-smart TVs, will need a transmitter to connect to Bluetooth headphones.
Connecting your AirPods to your Bluetooth-enabled Westinghouse Roku TV is simple. Follow the steps listed below to do so:
- First, you need to activate Pairing Mode on your AirPods. Press and hold the round button on the back of your AirPods’ charging case until the LED light starts to blink.
- Now, from your Roku TV home screen, navigate to “Settings” on the left side of the screen.
- From the Settings screen, choose “Remotes & Devices.”
- Select “Setup a New Device,” and choose your AirPods from the menu.
- Once the devices finish pairing, you should hear the audio from your television through your headphones.
Although it’s not as simple, it is still possible to play audio from a non-Bluetooth-enabled television to your Apple AirPods. You can do this by purchasing a Bluetooth transmitter and connecting it to your television.
A Bluetooth transmitter enables your television to send audio to a Bluetooth-connected device, even if the TV itself does not have Bluetooth capabilities. Here’s how to connect your Bluetooth transmitter to your television and use your AirPods with it:
- Connect one side of the audio/optical cable included with your transmitter to the SPDIF/AUDIO port on your television, then connect the other to the port on your transmitter.
- If your transmitter can both transmit and receive Bluetooth connections, make sure it’s on transmit mode. Then, turn on your transmitter.
- Set your AirPods to Pairing Mode by holding the round button on their charging case until the LED light begins blinking.
- Next, pair your AirPods to the transmitter by following the included instructions.
- Once the two devices are paired, you should hear your TV’s audio through your AirPods.
Bluetooth-enabled soundbars give you a simple way to get higher-quality audio from your television. They only work on Bluetooth televisions because they use Bluetooth connectivity rather than wires to play audio.
Because certain soundbars advertise Bluetooth capabilities, many people wonder if they can connect their AirPods or other Bluetooth-enabled headphones to them. Unfortunately, however, these speakers typically only include a Bluetooth input, not a Bluetooth output.
The Bluetooth input allows the soundbar to receive audio from the television. Without a Bluetooth output, however, these speakers cannot transmit audio to another device. Soundbars with Bluetooth outputs are few and far between, but you may be able to find one with the help of professionals at an electronics store.
If you have successfully paired your AirPods to your Westinghouse Roku TV but still aren’t hearing any audio through your headphones, here are some tips that may help you out.
Although it may seem obvious, make sure your TV’s volume is high enough to hear. Many televisions will reset the volume settings when a new speaker is connected, so if you can’t hear anything through your headphones, make sure the volume is not low or muted.
If your AirPods are too far from the television, or if there is a lot of electronic interference in the area, you may be having an issue with your AirPods’ range. Try moving closer to the television, or remove any unnecessary electronic devices from the area.
If you’re still having problems after trying the solutions listed above, check to see if there is an update available for either your AirPods or your Roku TV’s software. If so, update and see if it solves the problem.
It is possible to connect your Apple AirPods to your Westinghouse TV, whether the television itself offers Bluetooth capabilities or not. If it does, all you’ll have to do is follow the steps above to pair your AirPods to the television. If not, you’ll have to purchase a separate Bluetooth transmitter to connect the two devices.