Can You Arm And Disarm Ring Remotely?
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You’re on the much-needed family vacation you’ve been waiting on for far too long. You have more than willing neighbors to let out the dogs while you’re gone but wait. What about the alarm? Can you arm and disarm Ring remotely?
You can arm and disarm Ring remotely. You can do this by downloading the app on your phone or tablet. Then log into your account and have home security at your fingertips.
Ring has made it secure and easy to arm and disarm remotely while keeping your house safe while away from home. As a Ring customer, you can arm and disarm through your home keypad or on your phone or tablet app. Continue reading to discover how Ring has for arming and disarming and how to do so remotely.
Can Ring Be Armed and Disarmed Remotely
Ring offers state-of-the-art technology for protecting your home whether you’re inside of your house or on the other side of the country.
You can arm and disarm your Ring alarm on your phone or tablet by logging into the app. You’ll also see the same icons on your app as on your home keypad.
You can also control your Ring Alarm with Alexa if it is set up in your home.
How to Arm Your Ring Alarm
Arming your system can be done in two easy ways. One is remotely, and the other is at the alarm.
How to Arm the Ring Alarm Using the app:
- Open the Ring app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the home or away mode.
How to Arm the Ring Alarm Using the keypad:
- Enter your user code into the keypad.
- Press the home or away button.
How to Disarm Your Ring Alarm
Just as with arming your system, there are two ways to disarm Ring that are easy and convenient:
How to Disarm the Ring Alarm Using the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app on your phone or tablet
- Press the disarm button.
How to Disarm the Ring Alarm Using the Keypad:
- Enter your user code into the keypad
- Tap the disarm button.
The Ring app is available on the Google play store and the App Store on Apple. So no matter your device, you will have Ring and protection at your fingertips.
Can I Arm and Disarm My Ring Automatically?
Another great feature of arming and disarming your Ring is doing so automatically. Technically, this is a way to arm and disarm your Ring remotely. This is done by using a mode schedule.
Here’s some info about the mode schedules:
- Each arming and disarming will need a different schedule created.
- As an alarm owner, you or any shared users can override the app’s set schedules.
- Scheduled events will override the alarm’s current state.
- You can turn off any schedules without deleting them.
- Only you, as an account owner, can create and delete schedules. Shared users will not be able to.
Mode schedules are perfect for being away from home or in the house. Mode Schedules are very convenient and easy to use when you need people to enter your house.
How to Create a Mode Schedule for Your Ring Alarm
With your Ring alarm, you can set daily and weekly schedules. You can also set schedules that are one and done.
Creating a New Mode Schedule:
- Open the Ring app on your phone or tablet and tap Menu.
- From the Menu screen, tap on Settings.
- Find and tap on Mode Schedules from the Settings screen.
- In the Mode Schedules menu, select Add Schedule.
- Enter a name for your schedule, as well as the desired specific mode, time, and day or days for your schedule.
- Tap Add Schedule, and your Ring alarm will be all set up and ready to go.
Once your schedule is added, Ring will take you to the Mode Schedule overview screen. From the Mode Schedule overview screen, your new and current schedules will be displayed.
You can also delete the mode schedule if you want to change your settings.
Deleting Mode Schedules From Your Ring Alarm:
- Tap Menu from the Ring App on your phone or tablet.
- Tap Settings from the Menu screen
- Select Mode Schedules from the Settings menu
- From the Mode Schedules, select the schedules you want to delete.
- Once your desired schedules to be deleted are selected, tap remove this schedule.
Any schedule conflicts will be displayed on the app as an error informing you of an issue. Be sure to take care of these issues right away.
You can update the time, day, mode of schedule, or even turn off the schedule completely to resolve the issue. Ring makes everything really easy and simple to take care of.
Ring has made keeping your home safe easy, and convenient. With the Ring app, you can monitor and protect your home no matter where you are.
Ring was also created with real-life situations in mind. So whether you need to let somebody in your house while you’re away or are planning on moving in and out around your house, Ring has a mode that will fit any need.