Today, Westinghouse televisions are regarded as some of the best and most affordable. They offer impressive features and great customer service, giving them an edge over their competition. But, modern TV owners now want more features than ever – including AirPlay compatibility! So, can you AirPlay an Apple device to a Westinghouse TV?
New Westinghouse televisions that are equipped with Roku TV technology allow you to AirPlay your Apple devices. As long as your TV model is equipped with Roku TV OS 9.4 or higher, you will be able to use AirPlay. However, models not equipped with Roku TV cannot AirPlay content from your Apple device.
Below, we will discuss more information on using AirPlay to mirror your Apple device to your Westinghouse television. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know before you buy!
Westinghouse now offers Apple AirPlay compatibility on television models equipped with Roku TV OS 9.4 or higher. With this addition, Westinghouse is the first brand to offer smart TVs compatible with Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri!
That being said, you still cannot use Apple AirPlay if your television does not feature Roku TV smart technology. While Westinghouse does offer their own brand of smart TV, as well as a few that use Android TV technology, only the Roku models support Apple AirPlay at this time.
Apple AirPlay is a mirroring service, originally released in 2010, that can show and play content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer on your television or other AirPlay-compatible screen. AirPlay is completely free to use and can be accessed on all Apple devices made within the past decade.
There are lots of things you can share on your TV using AirPlay. Some of the things you can do include:
- View photos
- Join virtual meetings
- Stream video content
- Mirror your phone, tablet, or computer screen for educational or business purposes
In order to use AirPlay on your Westinghouse Roku TV, all you have to do is make sure the two devices are connected to the same wifi network.
If you already own a Westinghouse Roku TV smart television, you may not know for sure if your TV can AirPlay Apple devices. If your television is compatible, you will be able to tell by checking the settings.
Here’s how to check if you can use AirPlay and Apple HomeKit.
- Turn on your television and navigate to the Roku TV home screen.
- On the side menu, choose “Settings.”
- Once you’re at the Settings screen, look on the side and see if you have “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit” listed.
- If you do have these settings available, your television is equipped with AirPlay technology. If you don’t see them, your TV likely is not compatible.
As long as you have AirPlay available, you can mirror the screen of any Apple device to your television.
If your Westinghouse TV is compatible with AirPlay, you may be wondering how to use it. Follow the steps listed below to start AirPlaying content from your Apple device to your television screen:
- Make sure your television is connected to the same wifi network as whatever Apple device you want to AirPlay from.
- Next, open the screen mirroring menu on whatever Apple device you’re using. On both iPhones and iPads, you’ll typically have to swipe the screen to open your Control Center and find this icon. On Mac computers, you’ll have to open your System Preferences and choose “Displays.” On the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a drop-down menu to choose your “AirPlay Display.”
- After clicking onto the screen mirroring menu, select your television from the list of available devices.
- Within a few seconds, you should see the screen from your Apple device appear on your TV screen.
Purchasing a smart TV can be quite a sizable investment, so you want to make sure you’re getting a good product before you buy. For that reason, many people wonder, “does Westinghouse make good televisions?”
Westinghouse TVs are generally highly-rated among users. While the exact features will depend on the model you purchase, most offer:
- Easy setup
- Dolby audio
- Built-in dual-band wifi for faster streaming
In addition, Westinghouse smart TVs are generally priced relatively low for all the features they offer. However, they do have a pretty low refresh rate of 60Hz. As far as resolution goes, Westinghouse currently offers 4K HDR, 1080p Full HD, and 720p HD models equipped with Roku TV. Screen sizes range from 24” all the way up to 75”.
Westinghouse has been known as a reliable television brand for years. With the addition of smart TVs to their line-up, there’s never been a better time to purchase from this company!
If you want to use Apple AirPlay or connect your television to your Apple HomeKit, make sure to choose a smart TV model that uses Roku TV technology. While Westinghouse also offers models with Android TV and their own smart TV technology, these do not yet support Apple AirPlay.