When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
AirPlay went from a luxury to necessity with the number of people using Apple products skyrocketing, so it’s almost a must that TVs have the capabilities to use this feature, including affordable Element brand TVs. With Element TV, you can generally skip the price of big brands. You do not have to skimp on features. So, can you AirPlay on Element TV?
You can AirPlay to Element TVs. In their most recent portfolio of televisions, all provide AirPlay capabilities, with the exception of the lowest price series. This series is known as the 100 series and actually lacks all network-based functionality. The other three series all contain the necessary hardware for AirPlay.
Keep reading to see how to make AirPlay work with your Element TV, and what you can do if you have one of the few Element TVs that doesn’t allow AirPlay.
How Do I Connect to AirPlay on Element TV?
Apple really has made the process very simple to stream your content. Furthermore, it is typically a very strong connection that does not drop often. Basically, if you have the necessary hardware, it will work and work well. As stated before, all but the lowest-priced series from Element have AirPlay built-in to their hardware.
Here’s how to connect AirPlay to Element TV:
- First things first, you have to have an Apple device like an iPhone or an iPad.
- Next, you just have to ensure that your device and television are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, search for the video you are looking to stream.
- Tap the AirPlay button and choose your TV to stream to.
What If I Do Not Have AirPlay on my TV?
Not to fear, there are other ways. If you are stuck on using Apple products only, there are two adapters than can be used to plug into your Element television. On older devices, you can use a Lightning to VGA Adapter. If your television is newer and has an HDMI input, you can buy a Lightning to HDMI adapter. Both of these cables can be purchased on the Apple website.
Either way, the setup could not be easier.
- Hook up whichever cable you have to the matching type of adapter.
- Connect the lightning end of your adapter to your iPhone or iPad.
- Using the menu on your television, find the input where you plugged your cable into.
At this point, you should be able to see anything on your telephone screen on your television. Any show or movie you watch should have excellent picture quality. This is especially true of the HDMI cable.
You are probably thinking to yourself, that is a bit of a pain. It is, but the adapters are far cheaper than buying a whole new television, and you are still able to get your media from your phone onto your television. An added bonus is your phone should charge while watching to make up for the hassle.
I Want to Stream. What Are My Other Options?
Even with AirPlay available as an option, there are plenty of Element TV owners that still prefer streaming.
The best option remaining is to use a Google Chromecast. Chromecasts allow you to easily mirror your streaming content from your iPhone or iPad. The most popular streaming services are supported for this method, and you can buy a Chromecast for as little as $30. Many of the same setup rules apply here, so there is not much of a learning curve.
Set up is fairly easy. Just follow the steps below to stream from your iPhone or iPad with Google Chromecast.
- Make sure your Chromecast and your iPhone/ iPad are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download or open up the Google Home app and tap on the media icon in the top half of the screen.
- Find the ‘Manage Your System’ section and look for the media you wish to cast to your Element television.
- A list of qualifying apps with populate, and you simply have to ‘Link’ each service you want to use.
- There will be a popup that makes sure you want to confirm linking accounts and make sure to accept it.
- Now, you can go into the apps you chose to link and open them up.
- A ‘Cast’ icon will appear in the upper right corner of the screen. It looks like a television with three lines on it.
- When you click it, your Element television with the Chromecast should appear in a popup for your selection.
It really is not as daunting as it seems. The setup is very simple and works just like Apple AirPlay, even if you do need extra hardware.
The only drawback is that not every media option is available. The biggest ones, like Netflix, are, but some lesser-known ones are not.
Element televisions have the majority of the same features as the more well-known brands and at a lower price than their competitors. The vast majority of their new offerings will allow for Apple AirPlay to work quite well, but if your device is older or the entry-level series, there are still a few options available that will give you the same experience.