Pets at home always find ways to get into trouble, making it important to always keep an eye on them. Pet cameras were developed exactly for this, but can the Wyze Cam Pan V2 be used instead?
As a general rule, the Wyze Cam Pan V2 can be used for pets. It is a multi-purpose camera that performs all the functions of a pet camera at a fraction of the cost, even though it is not even a pet camera in the strictest sense.
Keep reading to learn more about using Wyze Cam Pan V2 for pets.
Can Wyze Cam Pan V2 be Used for Pets?
Many people are uneasy about using indoor security cameras.
But, you can be reassured about security risks if you use a high-quality camera like Wyze Cam.
Pets have a habit of making the cutest little mess whenever you take your eye off them, sometimes, it can even be dangerous.
This is true, especially when you are not home or you are home but busy with other chores. This is where the Wyze Cam Pan v2 comes in.
You can use the Wyze Cam Pan v2 for pets due to it being a multi-purpose indoor camera at a reasonable cost.
Here are some ways to use this camera for pets:
- To keep an eye: You can use the camera to keep an eye on your dog or cat to know if they ate or chewed on anything harmful.
- Two-way audio: You can also talk to your pet with the Wyze Cam’s two-way audio because it is clear and quick.
- Notice the little things: It can also be used to ensure that every cute moment of your pet is noticed just because you were busy with other things.
- Use the app: Due to the Wyze app’s simplicity, you can place multiple cameras in different rooms to ensure you always keep an eye on your pets.
Using the Wyze Cam Pan v2 can be overwhelming at first, but it will make you fall in love with your pet even more.
Setting Up the Wyze Cam Pan V2
The Wyze Cam Pan V2 is incredibly easy to install. First, download the Wyze app on your tablet or smartphone.
After that, join a 2.4GHz WiFi network with your smartphone.
Remove all plastic and packing materials from the box, start unpacking it, and connect the USB cord and power adapter that came with the camera to a power source.
When powered, the status light of the camera will turn completely yellow.
It will flash to let you know when it’s ready for setup.
After installing the Wyze app, on the Devices screen, hit the + button in the upper-left corner and select Add Device.
After hearing the “ready to connect” message, press Setup on the bottom of the camera, and on the screen that appears, type your WiFi SSID and password.
The camera will then appear on your list of Wyze devices and my Alexa smart home device list once you scan the QR code on your phone.
Use the text area to enter a name for your Wyze Cam, or pick from the suggested names.
When finished, tap Finish. Finally, tap Share Device if you want to share your device. Tap Maybe later if not.
Why Use Wyze Cam Pan V2 for Pets?
The Wyze Cam Pan V2 is the perfect smart camera for your pets.
The following are some reasons why you should consider using this camera for your pets:
- Compared to other pet cams, the Wyze Cam is extremely affordable, demonstrating that you do not need to spend a fortune monitoring your dogs.
- It provides the lowest-cost cloud storage option of any security camera.
- Its sleek design and compact size maintain the aesthetics of the space.
- The 1080p HD video is very sharp and clear, allowing you to see your pets plainly.
- It features better color night vision.
- Its ability to pan up and down distinguishes it from other pet cameras (not just side to side).
- It provides the greatest smart experience by supporting Alexa and Google voice commands.
- Thanks to its motion detection and tracking capabilities, it can easily follow your dog’s movements from one corner to the next.
“There’s a market full of cameras that boast about having all sorts of bells and whistles (like laser pointers and treat throwers), but my barebones Wyze Cam v2 does the job I employed it to do, keep an eye on my dogs.” So says Sarah Saril while reviewing the camera.
The Wyze Cam Pan V2 is a low-cost indoor security camera ideal for monitoring your pets.
You may pan and tilt the camera to view your pet throughout the room.
Additionally, it offers many amazing features at a reduced price, making it an ideal pet camera.
For example, motion detection, tracking abilities, and 1080p HD video.
It also supports interactions with Alexa, and Google, in addition to offering color night vision.