By Trae Jacobs,
When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
From smartphones to smart TV’s, we are surrounded by hi-tech gadgets everywhere. We even have devices that we can talk to that will give us answers to questions we have. Smart tech like Alexa is being used to help us control other smart devices that are around. With smart TVs like the Hisense line, one may wonder if they are able to control their Hisense TV with Alexa.
Depending on your model of Hisense TV, you may be able to use Alexa to control it. There are currently only two Hisense TV models that have Alexa built-in to their TV. However, they have ten other models that are compatible with Alexa via an Alexa device.
Looking at the model of Hisense TV is important to get the functionality that is desired. Continue reading on to learn about activating voice control on a Hisense TV.
How Do I Activate Voice Control On My Hisense Smart TV
Hisesne smart TVs allow the user to control the TV through voice commands. This ability requires a voice remote that isn’t included with the TV. Another way would be to download the Hisense RemoteNOW app to your phone. Alexa enabled devices are also able to be used for voice control.
Activating the Hisense voice control will require both a Hisense account and an Alexa account:
- With the remote and app, you will need to press the microphone button to start the set-up.
- With an Alexa enabled device, you will have to go into the TV settings, System, Amazing Alexa Service, and finally Alexa Service Setup.
- This will then give you further instructions for setup.
- This will require entering in codes that appear on the TV to link the TV to an Alexa account.
- To enable the skills for the TV with Alexa, the Alexa app will be needed.
- From the Alexa app, go to skills and search for Hisense Smart TV.
- You will then be able to enable the skill of controlling your Hisense TV from your Alexa app or Alexa enabled devices.
Following these steps will have the Hisense TV ready for being controlled by voice. Next we will look at how to control the Hisense TV with voice after activation is complete.
How Do I Use Hisense Voice Control
With the activation of voice control previously covered, the next thing to look at is how to use voice control. The voice control system is able to do many functions that your remote already does. And depending on the Hisense TV model, there could be additional voice control options available.
To start the Voice Control using remote or app, follow these steps:
- Press the microphone button.
- From there, you can ask Alexa questions or to control an Alexa connected device. For example, “Alexa, turn on the bedroom light”.
- The commands are specific to the name of the device. So a command for a Hisense TV may go like this, “Alexa, turn up volume on Hisense TV”.
- If there is no remote or app available to use, an Alexa enabled device that’s linked to the TV can be used instead. The commands for the TV will be the same.
Knowing the way to use voice control with the Hisense TV makes things easier. But can you use your Alexa app to control your TV as well?
Can I Use The Alexa App To Control My Hisense TV
With what has been covered, Hisense Smart TVs can be controlled by voice with Alexa enabled devices. What hasn’t been covered is if the Alexa App can be used to control the Hisense TV as well. With cell phones being the most common thing that people have on them, being able to control the Hisense TV from the Alexa app would be helpful.
As a whole, the Alexa app can control your Hisense TV. This requires that the Hisense TV skill be activated on the Alexa app. The Hisense TV will also have to be on the list for the app to be able to control the TV. You can control the TV from the Alexa app home screen. All you will need to do is say the correct phrase.
Smart tech has made life easy, making it only a voice command away from having a device do something for you. But can Alexa be used with all smart TVs?
Is Alexa Compatible With All Smart TVs
Hisense does have some smart TV models that are compatible with Alexa. But there are other smart TV models out there. Having the ability to control any smart TV with Alexa would give an added layer of convenience to life at home.
For the most part, not every smart TV is compatible with Alexa. Older smart TVs don’t have the built-in technology to have Alexa integration. Also, if a smart TV isn’t on the list of Alexa’s skills, then it wouldn’t be compatible with Alexa. An Alexa skill for any smart TV would have to be enabled to allow for Alexa to control that TV.
Not all smart TVs are the same. Older smart TVs don’t have the same abilities as the newer generation of smart TVs.
If you would like to learn more about Hisense TV, take a look at this article.